Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

What do you prefer...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
...White or Brown bread?

Don't go on which one is better for you go on which one you would actually prefer to eat.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    White.
    I used to think it would be white but since buying brown i actually quite like. Mind you i love ciabatta bread and french stick. Probably white then
    I prefer brown for everyday kinda things, but I love ciabatta or focaccia on occassion.
    NOT brown. WHOLEMEAL!

DON'T EAT BROWN BREAD. If bread says it is 'brown' it's just dyes and colouring.

WHOLEMEAL is what yr after ;)
    I like granary.
    Lexi99 wrote: »
    I used to think it would be white but since buying brown i actually quite like. Mind you i love ciabatta bread and french stick. Probably white then

You can get brown french stick.
    Depends on the context. Toast should always be white. But sandwiches are usually best on a good seeded wholemeal :yum:
    Wholemeal with lots of seeds for everyday stuff and toast - but i too do give in to the occasional white french stick. I always try and buy wholemeal pitta though.

I bought some white bread the other day to make sandwiches and it was horrible
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Wyetry wrote: »
    Wholemeal with lots of seeds for everyday stuff and toast - but i too do give in to the occasional white french stick. I always try and buy wholemeal pitta though.

I bought some white bread the other day to make sandwiches and it was horrible

:yes: this.
    white, but i usually buy brown
    white because its soft and soaks in more butter but i never eat it anymore i only eat brown bread
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Wholemeal/Granary any day of the week. White bread is only good in toast :D
    NOT brown. WHOLEMEAL!

DON'T EAT BROWN BREAD. If bread says it is 'brown' it's just dyes and colouring.

WHOLEMEAL is what yr after ;)
    I like granary.

Checked my bread and it is wholemeal... phew!
    Those seedy/nutty loaves are really nice, but have you noticed if you use 'em for sarnies they tend to fall apart ?

Brown bread for me, can't stand a white loaves anymore. Though i do quite like like those tear 'n' share things you get and some of the continental 'speciality' breads you can get now.
    Lexi99 wrote: »
    Checked my bread and it is wholemeal... phew!

Yay!
    I do like wholemeal for a sandwich but just on it's own with butter or as toast I prefer white.