Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Soft Nails

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
This might belong more in style, but I thought it might also belong here? (sorry mods!)

Anyway...
I wear nail varnish all the time. It's the only thing that stops me from biting my nails! Recently though I've noticed that when I remove the nail polish my nails seem really soft but kind of dry? It's weird. I also have little flecks of brown at the tops of my nails where the pink bit turns into the white bit. Is this maybe just cause my nails aren't used to growing? I'm willing to accept that I'm probably lacking something in my diet - so if this is the case, what is it that I need??

Ta! :heart:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi hun it sounds like calicum deficinancy eat more calcium based products milk yogurts cheese and take calcium supplements too
    Aj fan wrote: »
    Hi hun it sounds like calicum deficinancy eat more calcium based products milk yogurts cheese and take calcium supplements too

This good make sense. I have milk in my tea and cereal and I occasionally have yoghurt as a snack but I have *drastically* cut down on cheese since starting my healthy eating regime!
    Also try not wearing nail polish at least once a week, to let your nails 'breathe'.
    AshieBee wrote: »
    Also try not wearing nail polish at least once a week, to let your nails 'breathe'.

Okay, I'll try! =]
    xsazx wrote: »
    try gelatin as well (jelly) will improve your nails generally

Eating it? :no: Can't do that cause I'm veggie!