Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Proteins!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I found out today that my Proteins are in a bit of a mess?
Why do these people tell you something and not like tell you the rest it really annoys me.
Does anyone think they can help me out?
Please

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Do you wanna give us abit more info? Not entirely sure what you mean by "your proteins are in abit of a mess".
    You should probably just eat your hair.
    xsazx wrote: »
    if something isn't explained properly or you don't understand it as well as you'd like tis your responsibility to question it and discover more from the Dr untill you do understand. You can't really get much from that quote though

:yes:

You need to go back and ask. Write a list of questions so you don't forgot that way you will get the information you want :)
    what it means is you've had a test - probably blood or urine - and the results from that show unusual levels of some proteins. In a urine sample this can be indicative of kidney problems but there can be other causes.

If that is where you are, there isn't much more they can tell you at the moment, there needs to be further investigation to find out what is causing the levels.
    piecesofme wrote: »
    Write a list of questions so you don't forgot that way you will get the information you want :)

:yes: That's what I always do.
    Oh yeah! I had mad levels of proteins (whatever they were I dunno - I was too busy dying to listen to the Dr) and I had a severe liver infection. I was put straight into hospital though. If you've not been instructed to do anything or take anything then I don't think it can be harmful?
    Well I can't really give you much more info because they didn't tell me anymore info. Except that there is something wrong with my protein levels and when I said like well what is wrong with them, they just said well they are not right and it mean that my muscle levels could start decreasing. I was like OH and then that was it.
    Well I can't really give you much more info because they didn't tell me anymore info. Except that there is something wrong with my protein levels and when I said like well what is wrong with them, they just said well they are not right and it mean that my muscle levels could start decreasing. I was like OH and then that was it.

I would guess this means they are low. This is something that happens with malnutrition. Do they know about your eating problems?
    Well I would guess they do. But not sure.
    Well I would guess they do. But not sure.

Well tbh I would make sure, cause if they don't, I think finding out is going to solve a lot of mysteries for them. Will probably save yourself a lot of time and testing too :)
    Yeah should tell them when I next see them.