Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

vent of annoyance

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Dont you hate it when basiclaly everything in your life goes wrong???its not enough that it just goes wrong but noooo other people have to patronise you and goodness knows waht else. First the god damn french exam which i completely f*cked up and then oh.....god you dont even wanna know. i just wnat out now. sorry :(

so hows everyone else doing?

Comments

• Options
    Awww

*hug*

Bad day eh? Things can only get better hun. I doubt you'll have done that badly on French. And in answer to the query, I'm doing ok thanks.
  • Options
    Don't worry about exams. I mean, I know that's much easier to say than act out - like most things - and I'm shitting myself about exams too, but you won't even be able to remember what you got in 5 years. there are more important things, like the world cup.
    Have some hot chocolate, watch some crappy telly and go to bed.
    Oh yeah, I'm fine. bit stressed and guilt ridden for not doing more work, but hey! thats life.
  • Options
    *mwah*

Aww pepsi babe, whats wrong? Weight of the world getting you down? I don't mind listening to your problems so go ahead:)
  • Options
    Re: *mwah*
    Originally posted by Kurt
    Aww pepsi babe, whats wrong? Weight of the world getting you down? I don't mind listening to your problems so go ahead:)
    *sighs* where would i start???????
  • Options
    aww, well i know what you mean.
    I mucked up my english a/s exams, and my english teachers are the bloody scariest people in the world and they hate me, so im gonna have to emmigrate to Uruguay or something.
    Ah well... there's always the re-sits (ooh the joy)
    Anyways, I can't comment on your other probs cuz you didnt mention them, all i can say is, hope you feel better soon...
  • Options
    try to remember: students are the worst judges when it comes to judging their exam performance :)
  • Options
    last time in the mock i scrapped a b which i was ahppy about..but the thing is i completely and utterly cheated! I knew what was on the test before hand...in the writing and i copied off robyn for the listening....oh the shame :( i guess ill prob have to resit it *sighs*
  • Options
    well if the worst comes to the worst just resit it, no harm no foul, at least you get another chance so sit back and relax for a while. Worrying about it won't change anything:)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kurt
    well if the worst comes to the worst just resit it, no harm no foul, at least you get another chance so sit back and relax for a while. Worrying about it won't change anything:)
    Thanks. That lifted my spirits.
  • Options
    if it makes you feel any better, i sat an exam in January which i failed, got ungraded. i got 39% and the pass mark for an E was 40%:mad:

resat it yesterday and only answered half of the questions, the last section was impossible. this means that i can only fail, so i think im gonna be thrown out of college! feel like ive wasted a whole year now:mad:
  • Options
    he has got a point though, I know there's nothing more soul-destroying than failing an exam at the time. But at the end of the day, your whole life doesn't hinge on that one lousy paper, you'll be ok. You won't let something like that stop you getting where you want to go, or at least you shouldn't.

Go slurge on yourself, spend some money, have a long bath with a bottle of wine, or whatever makes you feel spoilt. Then face the world again with your middle finger held high and a grin of defiance on your face...

(OK so it's not the Braveheart speech, but it works for me...)

• Options
    Awww!

Aww, angelbabe and pepsi- wish I could share out my happiness. It's no fun being on top of the world when there's nobody there you can share it with!! One of my best mates is really really upset at the mo and I am finding it so hard to stop smiling. I wish she could be happy, I keep feeling guilty and I hate it when she's sad, she doesn't need to be, she's fab!!
    So heads up, ok?!
  • Options
    Originally posted by angelbabe
    if it makes you feel any better, i sat an exam in January which i failed, got ungraded. i got 39% and the pass mark for an E was 40%:mad:

How about taking one where you need 50% for an E. :(
  • Options
    Listen, there is nothing you can do about your exams now. My teacher said to me that you just have to forget about it and move on. If the worst comes to the worst, you can resit it, but you don't know that yet.

So if you have any left just go head on into those ones, and enjoy the summer! I know its upsetting (I've been there and will be pooing myself come results day) but you have to get on with it and not let it eat you up inside. There are so many people out there who feel the same way you do xxx
  • Options
    How about taking one where you need 50% for an E

:eek: :eek: :eek:
  • Options

:eek: :eek: :eek:

or 60% being an E.
  • Options
    or 60% being an E.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
  • Options

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

if I fail :mad:

Why do we have so much stress from exams. they do not help at all. i think to much pressure is put on people to perform and when they dont its really unfair.
  • Options
    *raises silly little hammer*

"OK, I have 60... any advances on 60?? Anyone? Lady in the back there, do I hear 65?"

all this talk of Es is making me wish I hadn't agreed to go home to spend time with my parents this weekend...

:D