Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Questions about cannabis 'equipment'

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi, i have allways just smoked weed in a normal roll up, or the occaisional strawberry blunt, or bottle bong, nothing to fancy.
But ive been looking on the "everybodydoesit" website, and there are alot of things that im not sure about.

- What is a vapouriser?
- What is a dug-out pipe?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    hey there.
    A vaporiser is possibly the best way to take cannabis. what it does is heats the cannabis to a temperature where the THC, (the main active ingredient) evaporates into a vapour, (hence the name), but does not alow it to burn. this is then inhaled by you through a pipe or hose ect. It is much healthier than smoking the cannabis, as you dont burn the plant matter meaning you dont inhale all of the toxic smoke produced. when you burn the cannabis aswell you destroy (i think the figure is around 50%) of the actual THC. this means by vaporising you get alot more stoned for your buck, you save your lungs, and alot of people will tell you that because you are vaporising mainly the THC and not the CBD's (the chemical that can produce depressant effects) you feel a very different high.

the down side as you probably saw is the price of a good vaporiser. i have never actually used a proper one (used some homemade lightbulb style ones) but really wanna get one :)

as for dugout pipes i think they are probably talking about wooden pipes that have been 'dugout' and lined with a metal. im not entirely sure.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    For me it used to be about lungs and buckets.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Being a none smoker now ...for me it's about cooking.