Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Burning

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm probably being very stupid but my food keeps burning, but only the bottom of it. In the uni halls we only have microwaves but they're those convection-y ones.

Why do things keep burning on the bottom? I'm getting fed up eating burnt pizza bases :(

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Maybe the temp is to high. What is the Watts of the Microwave?
  • Options
    900 or 950, I forget which.

I had it on a lower temp and in for less time than the instructions said tonight but it still happened.
  • Options
    Maybe you could try putting it in for half the time then checking it on the bottom and if it is ok put it bak in if not then turn the heat down and put it bak in.
    Just a thought.
  • Options
    Are you using microwaves, convection heat or a mixture, and does the turntable go round ?
  • Options
    Yeah I didn't think about the turntable, if it doesn't go round then the food either doesn't cook on one side properly or it just burns.
    And the way I know this is becasue my mum's did this.
  • Options
    Just convection heat. I'm not sure if it does go round...I assume it does, but I don't think I've ever looked. Would that affect it?
  • Options
    Yeah. Convection heat sources in micro's are usually a smallish halogen, so the food needs to keep turning to get heated evenly. In a normal oven the heat source is over a larger area so you don't usally get that problem.

If you're not using microwaves, put it on a metal tray as it'll distribute the heat better than glass/ceramic.
  • Options
    Ah ok, thank you :)
  • Options
    I'm having Aldi lasagne with garlic bread tonight.