Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Anxiety

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I used to have massive problems with anxiety and it seems to have come back. I was sitting through a late meeting at work and it got a bit heated and I started to get very shaky. I had to leave the room to catch my breath and now - post-meeting - have come to the office to try and calm down but I can't stop crying.

It was triggered by an email that was a bit critical and by the tone of the debate and all sorts of things that are going on, and I did feel it coming but couldn't correct my breathing before things got beyond my control.

How does anyone else manage this?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    drugs.

My doc prescribed me low dose flupentixol and im really getting on with it. Its not like betablockers (which would normally be prescribed for anxiety) its more subtle and i can take an extra one if im having a particularly bad day, or i can miss one out if im doing alright that day with no withdrawal or bad effects
    chammomile tea, positive thinking and not putting up with shit from anyone.

screaming also helps but i normally wait until i'm home and put on some very loud music first
    kalms tablets... breathing techniques... a bit of meditation/mindfulness...
    cbt might help...
    drugs too, also dont beat yourself up about it! whenever i have a big panic attack i always feel the need to burst into big dramatic sobs afterwards. really embarassing but it does make sense. think of all that adreneline that has just pumped through your body. i hope it's a one off and doesnt happen again