Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Driving on pills

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Before everyone tells me, I already know, it's not clever and it shouldn't be done.

However, my A-level exams finish next week and I'm planning a drive to a big city and going to a big club and dropping a couple of blinders.

Problem is I have to be home the next day, so I'll be on a comedown and I gotta drive home. Can anyone who actually has experience of this tell me how tricky it'll be or give me a few words of advice (apart from "don't do it, u twat!") Cheers.:rolleyes:

Comments

• Options
    I f you drive on pills, wont that crush them?:D
  • Options
    get the train there and back. dont drive under the influence, its fucking stupid, completely irresponsible, what if you accidently killed someone? GET THE TRAIN
  • Options
    OK, as you've asked not to be told "don't do it" heres some more constructive advice.

Don't drop within 8 hours of when you'll be driving (ie if you'll be driving at 10am don't drop after 2am).

Get some sleep, a few hours sleep will make you feel better than waiting the entire day without sleep. (no-where to stay? Call that the incentive to think of some good chat-up lines)

Eat in the morning. I know a lot of people that can't face food the day after a night out, but it it will make you feel so much better in the long run.

Sunglass's are a good plan. Stops your poor little dilated pupils frying in the sunlight.

Drink water (but you knew that anyway, right?) not caffinated drinks. This wil help your body process the drug and expel it quickly.

Be careful.

Are you sure catching a train in doesn't sound easier?

Have fun and be safe either way, and good luck with your exams
  • Options
    Don't do it you TWAT! :mad:

If you find yourself amusing then you most certainly are not, you already seemed to have acknowledged that you are a twat, are you happy with that situation?
  • Options
    err... was i the only one that noticed that he was not going to be driving while on them?
    Or did people just see an excuse to flame some-one?

I reckon advice is more usful than flames, and after one person has called him a twat the benifit of the next person saying exactly the same is going to be greatly reduced.

To all the people that have said anything (bar rainbow brite) have you every droped a pill one night and driven the next day? Or night? Or how about the day after? where does the risk stop?
    12 hours?
    24 hrs?
    48 hours?
    I'm only asking cos i want to know whats socailly acceptable....

Actually thats a good point.. Its easy to get literature on the effects of various degrees of alcohol on driving, as well as info on legal limits and time it takes to stop having an effect on you (much less time than it takes to leave your body).
    Any-one know how and where you can get that info for pills, speed, smoke.

I guess a lot of the problem is in not having standerd measures for drugs like you do for alcohol. Is this another reason to legalise?

Last thing : Is it possible to get arrested "under the infuence" for the amount of caffine in you bloodstream?
    I'm sure i'm more shot after a few hours slurping latte's in starbucks than after a spiff...
  • Options
    Its clear that everyone here, including the thread starter, know that driving under the influence of anything is not a clever thing to do.

But as cokephreak says, advse is always better than flaming.

In experiments carried out at some point last year (i think) the effects of various drugs including speed, ecstasy and coke on your driving skills were measured. Although I can't fully remember the results, this is what I do remember.

Coke (and I think also ecstasy) made the driver think he was better, and they felt more confident, therefore took more risks, so their driving skills decreased. Cannabis makes ya drive a lot slower, not neccersarily safer. Interestingly, speed(or maybe it was coke and speed shoulda been the first word in this paragraph :confused: ) increased the driving ability.

Anyway, just thought that that was an interesting and relative experiment.

I know a few friends who have successfully driven home from places on acid, and many times on a pill comedown. I would advise you caught the train. One friend nearly fell asleep at the wheel, and I'm sure we know how easy it is for the mind to wander on a comedown, so as cokephreak said, try and sleep first.

You know better than any of us A) how good a driver you are and B) how you feel on comedowns. Do you think you'd be up to it?

Once again, I sincerely advise you don't do it... catch a train, find a place to sleep first, or get a coach or summink.
  • Options
    driving on pills.

I personally tried to drive on a half of a pill during the rush our in the city. And i was lucky that i did not cause any crash. It is possible to drive but it is not safe and it depends how long would you drive. I do not recommend driving long distances and difficult roads. I personally know people that drive on pill but who cares when all are on pill. Important is not to do anything dangerous and take the safer road and slower speed than usually. Do not drive fast, have a friend and some music.

But try to think about some other ways to get home. For example take a cab or bus.

I was driving on a pill and i am here. If you are good driver and you are serious it is possible to drive. I have seen it. But you can crash even if you are not on pill and it may not be your fault. Therefore if i would be on your place i would take the car cause you can sleep in the car and it it much safer than walking during the night. I would take the car.

If you wish, test your driving skill on some lonely roads before to see but drive on pill only if necessary and it is alway necessary.

Regards,

SO what about some criticism to my advice? ebb?
  • Options
    Originally posted by RubberSkin
    I f you drive on pills, wont that crush them?:D

That's why I never drink & drive - you just spill it!

However, you could consider: Don't drink & drive - Smoke dope & fly!

Check: Cannabis may make you a safer driver!
    http://www.whspliff.net/driving.html

But don't buy the T-shirt!
    http://www.whspliff.net/VWmotors.html

:D :rolleyes: ;):D
  • Options
    Originally posted by WHSpliff.net
    Don't drink & drive - Smoke dope & fly!

Fuck hash do coke, don't smoke!

Driving on pills... I usually wait till I can make out names on my mobile's phonebook till I turn the key.

Seriously though, I've driven pilled up on many occasion. This doesn't however mean that I think it's alright. Pills are like alcohol, they give you a false sense of security, and you really don't realise how dangerous it is until afterwards or until something goes wrong. Though I've never had an accident, I've seen some pretty weird things and it's especially hard when you don't know the roads.

There was a test done in mixmag on the effects drugs have on driving and every drug tested proved to be dangerous except Coke, which actually improve reaction times and driving abillity.
  • Options
    what people seem to forget, is that a car is a lethal weapon if you drive when youre not fully `with it` then you run the risk of seriously injuring or killing yourself or somebody else. Yeah it might never happen, but it sooo could happen.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    you run the risk of seriously injuring or killing yourself or somebody else.

FACT!

Don't risk it!

Esp. if you kill someone else, your boy/girl friend, best mate (should be the same) etc. - how will you live with yourself?

Drugs can be fun, driving can be fun - but the general rule is they do not mix - esp. mind altering ones!

I am with rainbow brite, esp. as she looks so sweet!

:)
  • Options
    just a couple of follow ups

Rainbow Brite : Cars are leathal weapons in whatever state you drive them. Its just when your fucked your more likly to do something stupid with it.

Beer4Breakfast : Do we get to hear what you wound up doing (driving / other) and what experriences you had?
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    what people seem to forget, is that a car is a lethal weapon if you drive when youre not fully `with it` then you run the risk of seriously injuring or killing yourself or somebody else. Yeah it might never happen, but it sooo could happen.

:mad: i cant believe your contemplating driving when you're pilled, either drive, or pill, not both. i had a friend who was killed almost 3yrs ago by some bloke who was having an argument with his girlfriend when drivin-who are you gonna kill if you roll out? if you have any sense get the coach or the train-if you drive and pill i hope for everyones sake you lose your keys in the club-and then get raped up the arse walking to the car... (sorry but i get really fucked off about things like this, its not worth losing anyone you know over a pill, drink or line)

ps. skive-coke may make your driving "better" in terms of reaction time, but having been in a car with someone coked up i wouldnt recommend it, 140mph down the M27, if a car (in any lane) braked he slammed the brakes on and almost locked the wheels at least 4 times, when pullin away he had his foot planted-he didnt seem to be able to moderate anything.

PLEASE DONT DRIVE UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF ANYTHING
  • Options
    Originally posted by SlinkyKid:
    skive-coke may make your driving "better" in terms of reaction time, but having been in a car with someone coked up i wouldnt recommend it, 140mph down the M27

I know coke gives a confidense boost, but surely speeding like that is more down to drivers stupidity and irresponsibility.
  • Options
    well let just say id never get in a car with him again skive! i was makin the point more about the way he was brakin and accelerating-even he doesnt drive like that normally...
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice to everyone who has been helpful, to everyone else yeah, I know it's stupid. However, it's my life, not yours. U might go out on a bender on coke or heroine, u run a risk. I'm in a similar situation (yeah, I know I risk the lives of others).

Anyways, friday is coming closer and I've decided not to go on a long drive. Although, I will still probably drive while I'm actually up on one, so it could be a bit riskier, who knows?

I'm gonna drive to this little viewpoint in my city, about 20 minutes drive to hopefully reduce the risk. I'll drive carefully and make sure my mate has an eye on the road just in case. I don't think it'll be that risky to be honest, but thanks for the advice evryone. I'll let u know how it goes friday.

Everything begins with an E/Warpin your reality/See the visions I can see/All is full of empathy/You can call yours ecstacy/I'll call friday a phatE. Peace
  • Options
    Originally posted by cokephreak

To all the people that have said anything (bar rainbow brite) have you every droped a pill one night and driven the next day? Or night? Or how about the day after? where does the risk stop?
    12 hours?
    24 hrs?
    48 hours?
    I'm only asking cos i want to know whats socailly acceptable....

A good sleep makes all the difference. When the pill wears off and you can get a decent kip (at least 6 hours), then I'd say go for it.

Driving on E is seriously fucked up, but driving the next day without any kip is just as dumb.
    Originally posted by beer4breakfast

However, it's my life, not yours.

Possibly the most selfish thing I've ever come across on this site. I wonder if you'd feel the same sitting in a jail cell doing a manslaughter sentence?

And if you felt this way, why ask?
  • Options
    Lovedup YAY how is life ?

Beer4breakfast don't be a cunt ;)
  • Options
    beer for breakfast IS a cunt...the name says it all realy as regards the qeustion.
    you drive up to the view point off your little head and drive straight over the edge.
    go for it and i hope you end up on the starship strangeways and people who kill kids..off thier faces get treated REAL bad by all the dads in there who are missing thier kids.
    by the way..whats your registration number..go on post it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by ebb
    Lovedup YAY how is life ?

'Ello Ebb, howya? I'm not bad...due to give birth to a 7 pound baby in 4 weeks, Spence is outta BB and England got fucked this morning, but aside from that I'm dandy! ;)
  • Options
    This a message for ebb, loved up and moroccon roll. FUCK U ALL.

That goes to all the other twats who are trying to give me a fucking lecture on life. To everyone else who has been HELPFUL and given useful ADVICE, thanks alot.
  • Options
    ya little chicken shit dipstick..i hope your face comes off on the shattered windscreen.......or you run some nasty villains grandma over......