Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Burning a Vcd/not enough memory.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Since I got such a good response to my last post in this forum I decided to post another problem that has been worrying me for ages (well about 2 days now).
I have a movie in mpeg format on my hard-drive and would like to burn it as a Vcd. When I load the software, it says that I need to change the format of the video so that it can be burned as a Vcd, so I ask it to do this, but it comes back saying I don’t have enough memory to perform this task, but I have loads of memory (unless its talking about some obscure memory, but hey, I'm not a brain surgeon).

Discuss. (and thanks)
:confused:

Comments

• Options
    There is software that will change the format from MPEG to video cd compatible to burn onto a CD. See if you have a copy of Nero 5 - more recent versions have the functionality inbuilt I do believe.

As for the not enough memory - might be referring to your virtual memory (not really memory but actually a slice of your hard disk) settings if you got enough real memory (ram)
  • Options
    I think I have the software to do it, coz it says it is doing it, and I have 512 ddr ram, which I thought (oerhaps wrongly) was enough :confused: .
  • Options
    It should be enough - what program you using and whats the exact error message?