Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Mtv2

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I was wondering, anyone in here got Mtv2? I understood that it was a channel with alternative music, old and new. After having it for 12 days I can say that I know most of the songs by heart, and I don't even watch that much television! They play the same damn songs all the time, and the ones which the should play more often, they don't!

Anyone else got it, who wants to share a rant?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I've got it too, but to be honest, I only ever flick past it! They occasionally play a decent old song, but nothing really very exciting. It does have its moments though. And I do like their live sets.
  • Options
    I've got it, and I flick between that, Kerrang and Q, although I don't really get on with Q very much!

MTV2 thinks it is all alternative, then plays a hulluva lot which can be found on normal MTV.
  • Options
    ooh, I like Q, it is the best IMO! Although I haven't watched it in a while, so I don't know what they are playing just now.....
  • Options
    I ususally flick through it. I like it when they show Ash and RHCP's live :D
  • Options
    I'm not totally sure, but I think we're talking about two different TV channels here. The European MTV2 isn't the same as the one broadcast on Sky Digi...I think.

*shrugs* I rather like MTV2 UK. Got some interesting stuff on it.
  • Options
    mtv2 poo

mtv2 use to be great around a year ago, they use to play loads of indie and really alternative new bands. all they seem to play now days is nu metal which is only slightly better then pop it drives me nuts! and the mtv2 no adverts policy has gone out the window with orange adverts. what the hell happened to viewers choice? or indie anthems? they show the same mtv2 live all the time!!!

:mad:
  • Options
    There was a message pretty similar to this one on the Hole message board.
    I did think that MTV2 had gone downhill until the other day when in the space of about 30 minutes they played bands I had not heard of (which I like). This slightly reassured me although I'm still not too happy with the lack of variety on the channel. However it was a change from the hour long plays of the same video from bands such as Korn and Sum41 and entire weekends dedicated to bands.
    I remember when MTV2 did viewer's request hours which were brilliant - you got to hear diverse bands which weren't usually played every other minute of the daily playlist. I wish they'd bring these back.
    They do play 'old classics' ; if you call Nirvana's entire back catalogue old classics when they're heard so often. I like Nirvana, but playing them all the time gets a tad irritating.
    The live hour consists of hearing Placebo's 'Teenage Angst' or Weezer's 'Sweater Song'. Don't get me wrong, I like both songs, but what is the point of the live hour if this is all that is heard? Surely there are other live performances lurking in the MTV2 offices apart from these ones?

Sorry for the rant, it's just that everything played gets played too much, which has made me resort to the standard MTV for slightly more variety in the playlist.