Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

choosing the right foundation...

ive just noticed in some photos that were taken on friday night how ridiculously pale my face is compared to my body. im using the right coloured foundation because when i had a professional photoshoot last year, the make-up artists found the colour that matched my skin and ive been using that ever since. i think its more the flash on the camera thats making me look pale but argh, its bothering me.

thing is, ive still got a bit of a tan from my holiday in october but my face-skin colour is the same, pale! i dont want to use tan coloured foundation as it will just make me look stupid but then at the same time, having a tanned body and white face looks stupid! argh! lol.

what should i do? :(
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i want to know this too! ive tried loads and loads of different ones lately and i just cant find the right shade. i try one - too light. try the next shade along - too orange. everyone else seems to manage it!
  • Options
    mmmm. i think im going to pop into selfridges tomorrow after work and get some advice. they have a few make-up stalls, including mac. those make-up advisor people scare me though. they are always so pretty and perfect so i get scared!!!! don't want them criticising my make-up or thinking im ugly! argh! lol.
  • Options
    I had this problem for ages! Until I had a mini make-over in the Trafford Centre and they used this foundation on me and it's prefrct! It goes on really well, gives good coverage and it doesn't make your face look a completely different colour than the rest of you!

I think I've got it in Medium...it also has cream blusher in the lid :)

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.224504.tpl.uk
  • Options
    mmmm. i think im going to pop into selfridges tomorrow after work and get some advice. they have a few make-up stalls, including mac. those make-up advisor people scare me though. they are always so pretty and perfect so i get scared!!!! don't want them criticising my make-up or thinking im ugly! argh! lol.
    They won't. They're paid to be nice to you aside from anything else.
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    Some foundations have light reflecting qualities so that even though they match your skin tone, flash photography reflects off your face even more than usual.

:yes:

Foundations that contain SPF are worst for photography. If it looks right in the mirror then it probably is right. If you hate it that much then go and ask them for one that will photograph well.