Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

how can i feel more positive about myself and life?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
lately i have just been feeling down and not wanting to do anything, but im normally happy and always smiling.
how can i feel more positive ?

Comments

• Options
    You could try positive affirmations. Like every night before you go to sleep, say out loud something positive you've done that day. And every day when you're getting ready looking in the mirror say out loud something you like about yourself.
  • Options
    Write down everything you have achieved so far that you are proud of and everything that you want to achieve and think of how you are going to achieve those ambitions.

Also every negative has a positive so think of the positives rather than the negatives! As a stupid example, say you lose £5 on the floor, yes it may be a loss to you and it may be annoying, but then maybe someone more needing of it would find it which is a good thing.
  • Options
    Soph001Soph001 Posts: 105 The Mix Convert
    Those are some nice suggestions, and if you want to read more, there's actually an article on being positive on thesite.org.

Personally speaking, I find exercise is always a good one - but I know it's the last thing you want to do if you're feeling a bit lethargic as you are!

Have you got any idea what could be causing this?