Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

lads holiday (chav free)

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I went to Banal Madena (just up the coast from torremolinos) and I had a great time there, theres a great marina and cool bars and it's easy to get to other parts of Spain for trips, recommend it :D
  • Options
    Hey man, I've got the exact same problem trying to choose a holiday for me and my mates this summer, it's so hard trying to judge somewhere on the basis of brochures and forums alone.

I've heard some good things about Split in Croatia, but again can't really judge too well, has anyone heard anything about it?

P.s. This thread is really, really helpful btw everyone (except for all those posts that go along the lines of "omg! chavs are real people too" or "stop labelling people" etc :p ) so keep it up please!
  • Options
    thebiff27 wrote: »
    except for all those posts that go along the lines of "omg! chavs are real people too" or "stop labelling people" etc :p

Oh do fuck off. Actually, narrow minded snobs probably do deserve an island all of their own.
  • Options
    "Oh do fuck off. Actually, narrow minded snobs probably do deserve an island all of their own."

Lol, thanks Yerascrote, but I think the idea of this thread is to talk about slightly under-the-radar, cool beach holiday destinations, as opposed to judging the 'snobbery' on show here. If you get any more info on that "island" let me know ;) xxx
  • Options
    thebiff27 wrote: »
    but I think the idea of this thread is to talk about slightly under-the-radar, cool beach holiday destinations

Cool but then they should have said that without talking about "chavs" (whatever that means). Most destinations have annoying tourists, be it loud mouthed youths or obnoxious adults. No need to mention chav bollocks.
  • Options
    Well then why don't we just define chav to mean "loud mouthed youths" and "obnoxious adults" for the point of this conversation, and talk about destinations with a minimum tourist population from this demographic, then everyone's happy right :) ?
  • Options
    where can a group of lads go for a holiday in spain or roundabouts for a week or something where there are few chavs but is a good place to go? by this i mean, awesome beach, things to do like sports, nice hotels, cheapish, clubs, nice bars etc. NOWHERE like malia/tenerife etc. too chavvy and touristy

ta

Hey icelandicbreadthief, I know this post was a ages ago but me and my friend want a holiday where its got some decent people with good clubs/bars and not full of chavs but im having trouble working it out! I don't fancy being hit on by chavy men :S
    Did you manage to find somewhere decent??

I'd really appreciate a reply :)

Thanks!