Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

lads holiday (chav free)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
where can a group of lads go for a holiday in spain or roundabouts for a week or something where there are few chavs but is a good place to go? by this i mean, awesome beach, things to do like sports, nice hotels, cheapish, clubs, nice bars etc. NOWHERE like malia/tenerife etc. too chavvy and touristy

ta
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Malia? Chavs go to Africa now? :D Think you mean Malaga.

Sadly all the close places with beaches, sun etc, have been invaded by the Burberry hordes though there might still be some places left. Dunno, not really my idea of a holiday anyways.
    Yeah, but you can just go and laugh at them.

My brother went for a lads holiday in Greece. He came back with his nipple piereced.
    Most likely you just want to go for a piss up? Choose anywhere. Likewise with Thunderstruck, a "package" holiday isn't a holiday in my eyes. Check Jet2holidays.

Nah mate, Malia is a popular clubbing resort on the Greek island of Crete.

Enough of the chav bullshit though guys, not everyone who goes on a lads holiday to these resorts wants to slit your throat. :rolleyes:
    is Marbella chavvy? I like it there. Puerto Banus has lots of bars too. (10 mins up road by taxi)
    I went to malia last year, was mostly full of just regular people out for a good time.
    If you spend all your time worrying about who/whats going to be waiting for you around the corner you'd never do anything - just pick somewhere you like the sound of and go there

haha thats mali you nob :D

nah guys im not saying it as if im scared of these chavs or anything at all. more the fact i hate being in the same place as them. does my head in. im not fussed with a few cause obviously wherever teenagers go, chavs will follow but theres gotta be a few nice places where ordinary people go??
    Said the man in the orthopedic shoes, I stand corrected.

I googled it, and apparently Malia is in Crete.

You learn something every day.
    Tarifa in the far south of spain, has beaches and night life focusing more on the surfery type than actual hardcore clubbing things and its not too expensive.
    Wyetry wrote: »
    Tarifa in the far south of spain, has beaches and night life focusing more on the surfery type than actual hardcore clubbing things and its not too expensive.

sounds good actually, any direct flights or do you have to get a flight to malaga first?
    Them chavy people wont be going on holiday to ruin the holidays of others just go somewhere nice and avoid them if neccesary.
    Them chavy people wont be going on holiday to ruin the holidays of others just go somewhere nice and avoid them if neccesary.

not saying they do mate (consciously) subconsciously they dont realise theyre a bunch of nobs to be around though :)
    fly into gibraltar or cadiz/jerez, bypass malaga...

tbh, malaga its self, it lovely and very untoristy...marbella, torremolinos, fuengirola are all shitholes, east of malaga on the costa tropical (almuneca, and such) is quite nice, spanish tourist resorts but still nice...

Granada is great if you want culture, but if you want beach, tarifa is great! plenty of raves, great surf, quite a hippy go with the flow atmosphere.

i wouldn't really bother with the east coast, its expencive, very touristy, and not much to see...
    Gibraltar's a good option cause you can also go into Spain and to Morocco.

It uses British pounds too and everyone speaks English.
    There ain't a lot to do but it's pretty and warm for just lazing and drinking =]
    I have loads of places to reccomend, but they're probably all full of the chavvy types you're trying to avoid! lol I had a fucking great time in Kavos though, didn't have any trouble....best holiday ever.
    My brother enjoyed Falaraki (sp?)
    Gran canaria puerto rico brill or portugal praira de oura:yes:
    i know if i was going on a lads holiday this year i'd fancy Estonia. Go to the Ollesummer Beer Festival, looks mint, in July so weather should be ok. Europes 2nd biggest beer festival after Octoberfest.
    Not sure about now but when I was in Sunny Beach in Bulgaria in 2005 I don't think I saw any chavs.
    I read some recent reviews of Sunny Beach and most of them mentioned there was loads of chavs.
    were you reading a chav magazine? :D
    Nah online. I just searched for "Sunny Beach reviews chavs."
    id assume that the "chavvy-est" places would be kavos, magaluf, IBIZA (bloody hell) and also maybe ayia napa....basically all the places that are reknowned for good nightlife.
    ive heard kos is alright, and turkey is nice. you dont get chavs so much, more 50 odd year old women looking for a turk to chat them up *sigh*
    Did you mean Mali?!
    If you go to resorts in a part of the world which is cheaper to get to and stay, you'll more likely be around working class people and possible those you call chavs. Unless you deliberately seek out somewhere well pricey.

If not, why not look in to a cheap rock climbing or adventure sports holiday instead of a resort?

My friend goes on plenty of those, so they can't be too pricey.
    piccolo wrote: »
    Did you mean Mali?!

Yeah ok, ok, I'm crap at Geography, alright?!
    Does anyone not think its pathetic when your choosing a holiday and asking for info on where the chavs won't be? Get a life man!

Chavs a bullshit word to label people who dress in a certain way, but if you dress like that then you rob old women, scare children etc. what a load of shit!

"Can't stand been around chavs" LOL Your just as pathetic as "chavs"

If you want to party then Kavos....but beach not so nice! Other parts of Corfu are nice, Sidari, Roda.... these still have the bars, lovely beaches, decent nightlife if you want to get into the thick of the party or nice bars on the outskirts

BEWARE though.... a chav might just be lurking at the end of the bar HA!
    Does anyone not think its pathetic when your choosing a holiday and asking for info on where the chavs won't be? Get a life man!

HA!

I think it is tbh! What do you actually class as a chav?

I hate that word though...it gets thrown around too much!

Chavs a bullshit word to label people who dress in a certain way, but if you dress like that then you rob old women, scare children etc. what a load of shit!

"Can't stand been around chavs" LOL Your just as pathetic as "chavs"

If you want to party then Kavos....but beach not so nice! Other parts of Corfu are nice, Sidari, Roda.... these still have the bars, lovely beaches, decent nightlife if you want to get into the thick of the party or nice bars on the outskirts

BEWARE though.... a chav might just be lurking at the end of the bar HA!

alright alright calm down :yuck: would you prefer scrouts or scallies then? cripes haha. and thats because the majority of chavs are a nightmare to be around, id prefer to not associate people as a particular class but rather a name. i use chav in the same way i use emo. take the name away and they remain the same.

and yeah cheers so far for the ideas guys..keep em coming :)
    alright alright calm down :yuck: would you prefer scrouts or scallies then? cripes haha. and thats because the majority of chavs are a nightmare to be around, id prefer to not associate people as a particular class but rather a name. i use chav in the same way i use emo. take the name away and they remain the same.

and yeah cheers so far for the ideas guys..keep em coming :)
    As piecesofme said: What is a Chav?
    I agree it gets thrown about too much and I bet what you think a chav is, is different to what the next person thinks, and then the person after that, so tell me what you think a Chav is?