Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Fucking Mesh Computers

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ordered a Mesh computer on 22nd Jan told it would take 10-14 days. Finally got it today, after a fair few lies from them 'oh it's on its way' 'its just being tested and will be dispatched tomorrow' 'its been dispatched today' and such crap.

ANd guess what it doesn't fucking work. Won't boot up at all, not even from the recovery disc. Phoned them and had some right stroppy 'you must of done something' cunt on the phone. Did what i said he told me to do, went into the BIOS and the primary boot source was the floopy drive, of which there isn't one ! Change to the HD, still no joy, changed to CD drive with recovery disc, just freezes up.

What are my rights on this ? Quite frankly im pissed off with the twats, with all the lying they did about when i was going to get it and then all the crap on the phone tonight.

I want someone here this week to come and fix it or i want my money back. Is that unreasonable and where do is stand legally ?

Comments

• Options
    you're well within your rights to return the computer for refund/replacement. You could be liable for returning it though unless they arrange to collect it. As for somewhere there this week, they dont have to if they offer you one of the other alternatives.

i used to work for a computer manufacturer back in the day Time/Tiny computers and they regularly sent pc's out which they knew wouldnt work...used to get some right pissed off people ringing up, which is fair.

should have bought a dell :(
  • Options
    Thanks LS. They're ringing up tomorrow, some time, so i think i'll just ask for my money back and get Leigh to send one of his nasty letters.

Make me wonder how they win fucking awards.
  • Options
    I'd do a poo and send it to them in the post.

Dell seem to work ok.
  • Options
    I suggest next time you call, if they're still being awkward say you want to speak to a manager. I guess you have to think, if this is what the service is like just after you bought it, what will it be like in six months time??
  • Options
    Mesh really are the biggest bunch of CUNTS i have ever come across.

Been a week since they delivered my (not working comp), still lying back in it's box behind me and no sign of it being picked up in the near furture or me getting my money back. Leigh wrote to the directors, and telling Mesh we want our money back, Weds last week and not heard from them.

Every time he calls they're busy, or 'the person dealing with your order isn't here at the moment'.

I'm begining to wonder if it's worth calling the police ? I haven't the money, or even the confidence etc, to take them to court.
  • Options
    Threaten them with trading standards next time you are on the phone.

Just as a thought though - and assuming there's no stickers preventing you - have you opened up the case and made sure that all the bits (graphics card, ram chips, drive & power cables) are all correctly in place and fully connected? If any components are slightly wonkey that could cause the freezing. I dunno if you want the computer any more but it might be better than nothing.

Distance selling regs give you 7 days to return I think. Not sure how it works when the company is being useless.
  • Options
    Mist wrote: »
    Distance selling regs give you 7 days to return I think. Not sure how it works when the company is being useless.

You can either choose to return it as not fit fot purpose up to 6 / 12 months after purhcase, or opt to return under DSR up to 7 days after delivery. This is where it gets tricky, because I've known people whove returned broken things within the 7 days, only to have the shop mess them about and say "'snot broken." or "you broke it". The shop then even said that it would be fine if returned under DSR.