Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

miscarrige..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
nearly 2 years ago, i fell pregnant...i didn't know, and 4 weeks later had a messy break up with the father of the baby...I miscarried somewhere between 6-8 weeks...

he's never really taken it on board, he told me he thought it was someone elses - with good reason unforutnatly- and he used to think i lied about it. i don't really care if he does because we hardly even talk to each other any more. but i keep thinking about my baby...

he/she would be 2 this december...ok, my life would be totally different, i wouldn't have the job and house i do now, but i still think about the baby...and i feel pain when i think about it...can i miss a baby i never had?

Comments

• Options
    Hi huni we never get over it i lost twins and one it was awful that was 3+half years ago i did manage get another daughter who 2+halfyear now and i have got 6+half year daughter too sounded like you was lookin forward to being a mother and you be a fantastic mum one day x:yes:
  • Options
    yes.

i do :(

i miscarried when i was 18. i was only about 6 weeks gone. was completely unaware i was pregnant like you were although i had my suspicions but pregnancy tests came back negative so i thought i was ok. ended up going to the hospital when it happened as i didn't know what was happening. nurses at hospital told me i probably took them too early due to such and such levels of hormones or something.

my ex boyfriend didn't believe me either. other people didn't either because i was going through other stuff at the same time. my ex never said he didn't believe me but it was obvious. he didn't even turn up at the hospital when i rang him.

i often think about how things would be now if i had that baby. i also get scared lots and lots that it was my only chance of ever being pregnant :( thats the thing that scares me the most. the thought that i'll never get pregnant again. meh.

im sorry you went through such a horrible thing :(
  • Options
    There is a charity called SANDS, and another one that I can't remember the name of, who give support in areas like this. There will be others who have experienced this, so give them a call and talk if you want.
  • Options
    Soph001Soph001 Posts: 105 The Mix Convert
    Hi,
    I just wanted to say that at the side of this article about dealing with the emotions of miscarriage there are some links to support phonelines and email addresses that could help.
    If the father of the baby is not being helpful, is there anyone else you could turn to to talk this through?
  • Options
    Hi, I had a miscarriage before Christmas at 8 weeks. I had a scan & saw the heartbeat & all! But still it just wasn't meant to be. It still hurts of course. But one thing I was told in the hospital made it a little easier- Sometimes all the necessary " ingredients" for a sucessful pregnancy aren't there at conception. The pregnancy can progress on to however many weeks, even months, but once it gets to the stage where the missing ingredient is needed, and isn't there, that is when the body starts to reject the pregnancy. It might not sound like much of a consolation, but it's the body's way of dealing with a pregnancy that isn't right, or may have lead to a child with disabilites. miscarriage is one in 4, so it's something alot of women go through. Of course it's natural to wonder what might have been,but there's a saying: whats for you, won't pass you by. xxx