Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Fucking Microsoft

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
well what useless arseholes they are, had my xbox 360 roughly two years, and the other night picture went funny and the next day when i came to turn it on there it was one red light flashin away on my console, after there site kept crashing on me and after ringing them 3 times to be put through to a stupid machine that wasted 10 mins of my life each time and wasnt even able to understand what i was saying. after this finally getting trhough to a agent who couldnt even speak english every single time (no offence meant by that) just to tell me my console would need repairing but they couldnt do it cus there computers were down :banghead:

So today i finally got through after 10 mins on the phone i got put through to a supervisor, finally for him to then tell me it needs a repair and there would be a charge of 80 fookin quid :banghead: could get a new one for near that. anyway when telling him i would not be prepared to pay that i asked him what the red light means for him to then tell me he doesnt know and that my warranty only covers the three red lights :banghead:

i then got frustrated and he got abuse given but it deserves him right, when saying why should i pay to have a console repaired which microsoft couldnt even make properly as they have had no end of faults with the piece of crap, i just got the usual toff of we have strict policies in place, to then which i told him i aint paying that much for a shit console and i told him the fookin thing would go in the bin :banghead: and i hung up, useless arseholes, completely piss poor service

sorry for my rant and use of language, im quite peed off

thing is, is there anything i can do now :crying:

Comments

• Options
    so call again and tell them it's 3 red lights
  • Options
    but wont they know im lieing once they receive the console and wont they also have my details?
  • Options
    whats the worst that can happen? they take it in thinking its RROD and send it back un repaired when they work out it isnt or the repair centre techie just repairs it anyway
  • Options
    If you got your Xbox in 2007, then you are one of the unlucky owners involved in the bad batch of motherboards. M$ should know better.
  • Options
    Jesus, it's not the guy on the phone you should be scream at. He's just the guy whos following what he's been told.

No product is perfect! So Leave em alone! :)
  • Options
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/907535

maybe try that.

other than that if you dont wanna send it back try doing the x-clamp replacement, might help if its cos of overheating or something...piece of piss to do, i had to do it on my modded one which got 3 rings and worked since (3 months) my other one which isnt modded got repaired under warranty...

i thought MS had extended the warranty to 3 years? what is the build date on your box?
  • Options
    aparently that extended warranty is only for the three lights
    takes the piss
  • Options
    does it really matter? is it that important?
  • Options
    Its just another gamer in the world whos upset, Your get it fixed. I can see it happening.

Lols I have an xbox, rarely play it though :(
  • Options
    i aint upset, im pissed off after splashin money out on consoles, games and live subscriptions just to get done over by microsoft, without them offerin one bit of help or support having been arsed around with there poor customer service several times
  • Options
    to be fair for the price you pay for an Xbox you'd believe they would last more than 3/4 years, i don't know many people who use it quite often who have not had to get it repaired or replaced,

concidering an item should be fit for purpose for a reasonable amount of time it is a bit shoddy
  • Options
    bang on there mate, youd of thought so
  • Options
    At least you got the chance to send yours back. Mine broke (Never RROD'd, just BROKE, you name it, it's fucked.) Called them, got told to give them info, gave them it, they told me I had to pay to get it fixed and shipped to them, this was WITHIN my insurance. I only had it at least a month from the original release date.

So I tried to send it back, they wouldn't take it back. I called them whenever I got the time, or whenever I managed to get through to them, and I stil have that peice of shit downstairs collecting dust. Then surprise, they said they'd be able to come and collect it - then they realised "Your insurance has ran out."

If you can buy a new one for a bit more than the cost to repair it, just go and buy a new one - or save your cash and buy a computer. It beats that and the PS3.