Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Pancakes!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
It's pancake day tomorrow... Who's going to be a tosser? :D

I shall be having mine with maple syrup. :yes:

.... might have to buy some icecream too.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I am. This is because last month my American flatmate made pancakes but they were the thick breakfasty American-y kind and she asked me about pancakes over here. So I've kind of volunteered to make pancakes tomorrow to show her what's it's like. She said that they don't have pancake day where she's from but she's looking forward to seeing me toss them :nervous: hopefully they won't go everywhere!

On the upside, her mum sent her proper Canadian maple syrup so we're having that on them :D
    I am - or rather i'm hoping my husband will make some - i will be having mine with golden syrup and lemon.
    I'm not a big fan of pancakes, i'll eat em but yeah. I'm looking foward to easter!!!

I'm going to pig out :)
    iv been eating them ever since they started promoting them in the shops hehe, i love them so much. i like mine with maple syrup on, also with chopped banana on and sugar. im not a fan of lemon on them and i dont like savoury ones either.
    I'll be having pancakes BUT no syrup no sugar just a plain one :grump:
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I want some but it seems such an effort to make them :(
    me and my boyfriend are making both sweet and savoury ones. yummy yum yum yum! we are having lemon juice & caster sugar on some, maple syrup on others and we haven't decided on our savoury ones yet...we saw a nice recipe of mince in bolegnese sauce with cheese that looked nice though. you stuff them then bake them in the oven for a bit!
    I have now purchased icecream... Woohoo! :yippe:
    PANCAKES :hyper:

Will probs just have lemon and sugar - if it ain't broke!
    I'm not making them because I have nobody to make with :(.
    I don't like pancakes my mum managed to make them taste horrible and I can't face them now, my bf isn't keen either. I think his flatmate will be making some with lot's of chocolate cause and sugar!
    I am. This is because last month my American flatmate made pancakes but they were the thick breakfasty American-y kind and she asked me about pancakes over here. So I've kind of volunteered to make pancakes tomorrow to show her what's it's like. She said that they don't have pancake day where she's from but she's looking forward to seeing me toss them :nervous: hopefully they won't go everywhere!

On the upside, her mum sent her proper Canadian maple syrup so we're having that on them :D

American pancakes are icky, maybe thats why we don't have a pancake day too :p My boyfriend makes "grandma pancakes" as he calls them which are thin and yummy and from what I've heard are probably like yours and ooo :yum:

But savory pancakes? :yuck: Thats wrong on so many levels.

I think eggs are on sale, maybe I will join in tomorrow as well ;) butter and maple syrup for me.

The best maple syrup comes from Vermont, though. You should look for some of that.

Don't you have maple syrup there, I always assumed it was synonymous with golden syrup?
    Mmmm I am really up for a pancake now. :yum:

I know how you make them, but what ingredients do I need?
    Eggs, flour and water

Saint Delia's version (although I use less liquid than Delia).
    American pancakes are icky, maybe thats why we don't have a pancake day too :p My boyfriend makes "grandma pancakes" as he calls them which are thin and yummy and from what I've heard are probably like yours and ooo :yum:

I think eggs are on sale, maybe I will join in tomorrow as well ;) butter and maple syrup for me.

The best maple syrup comes from Vermont, though. You should look for some of that.

Don't you have maple syrup there, I always assumed it was synonymous with golden syrup?

Yes you can buy maple syrup here. :yes:
    piccolo wrote: »
    Eggs, flour and water

Saint Delia's version (although I use less liquid than Delia).

We use milk, not water. :confused:
    Im so longer forward to Pancakes :D
    JsT wrote: »
    Im so longer forward to Pancakes :D

It seems so too... not even making sense man. :p
    Haha oops. Pancakes on the mind!! :(

I will have to look for some. Or go to Vermont :)

Still, this would be easier back home, my mum used to work for Tate & Lyle so we always have syrup!
    Doin pancakes with vanilla and toffe ice-cream and golden syrup on top:yum:
    golden syrup and maple syrup are different Manda
    golden syrup and maple syrup are different Manda

Yup, definitely. I'd say maple syrup is 'tastier', but I'm not sure it would work as well on porridge :chin: Golden syrup just tastes like liquid sugar.
    Had mine with golden syrup and vanilla ice cream :D
    Mine weren't great but my flatmate liked them so :)
    I had the best pancake of all it was fantastic, amazin you know what is was...........wait for it........ It was a plain pancake with nothing on it :rolleyes: :shocking:
    custard wrote: »
    I had the best pancake of all it was fantastic, amazin you know what is was...........wait for it........ It was a plain pancake with nothing on it :rolleyes: :shocking:

If you are on a diet you can still have pancakes and a topping. The average pancake is about 140-150 cals on it's own, if you add a bit of lemon juice, fruit, tsp honey or a little bit of ice cream wouldn't have made that much of an increase. As long as you watched the amount of topping you had on it.
    We're having our pancake day on Friday. Yum yum :yum:.
    Cheesecakes better tbh.
    GoodFella wrote: »
    Cheesecakes better tbh.

:yum::yum::yum::yum: