Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Sftu!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Which celebrities do you wish would just STFU?

I don't mean the ones who seem to be on tv all the time, I'm on about the ones who've always got something to say about anything.

As an example recently it seems like not a dog can fart in peace anywhere on the planet without Alesha Dixon having an opinion on it.

Another is Lily Allen who always has something to say about anything.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Jade goody can fuck right off. Fair enough she's got cancer and it probably sucks for her but big deal, lots of people have cancer and they just get on with things, not making a big song and dance out of the media.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    icey wrote: »
    Jade goody can fuck right off. Fair enough she's got cancer and it probably sucks for her but big deal, lots of people have cancer and they just get on with things, not making a big song and dance out of the media.

+1
  • Options

OO be careful saying anything bad about Jade. Be prepared for the backlash. There's a lot of Jade fans out there now, because personal tragedy means that people forget a lot of ills.
  • Options
    You're all missing the point, I did say I'm not talking about people who always seem to be on tv, in the paper, on the news etc.

I'm talking about the ones who always have an opinion on anything and waste no time on offering it to the world, ie Lily Allen, Alesha Dixon, Lady Gaga
  • Options
    That stupid Irish git who has a rock band ...he always seems to have safety goggles on.
    Boney or summat.
  • Options
    You're all missing the point, I did say I'm not talking about people who always seem to be on tv, in the paper, on the news etc.

I'm talking about the ones who always have an opinion on anything and waste no time on offering it to the world, ie Lily Allen, Alesha Dixon, Lady Gaga

Much the same thing though really. Both are annoying.
  • Options
    Bono ...thats who i meant.
    I i CAN;T STAND THAT ,MAN.
  • Options
    Mist wrote: »
    Wow.:yeees: Looks like the country is full of morons..good to know!
  • Options
    i hate that piers morgan guy, he seems to be on lots of stuff recently and hes so annoying, and who is he?! just some namedropping schmooze?

as for the jade thing iv always liked her, i dunno why. i dont think all the publicity is such a bad thing, shes making money to provide for her children when shes gone and maybe itl prompt people to donate to cancer charities, etc. i dont know.
  • Options
    Louis Walsh! Now he should defo shut up, he seems to always think his opinion is worth something. He gets on my nerves terribly. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    i hate that piers morgan guy, he seems to be on lots of stuff recently and hes so annoying, and who is he?! just some namedropping schmooze?

as for the jade thing iv always liked her, i dunno why. i dont think all the publicity is such a bad thing, shes making money to provide for her children when shes gone and maybe itl prompt people to donate to cancer charities, etc. i dont know.
    Yeah, Piers Morgan is a tosser - best thing Clarkson ever did was give him a smack in the face!
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,284 Skive's The Limit
    OO be careful saying anything bad about Jade. Be prepared for the backlash. There's a lot of Jade fans out there now, because personal tragedy means that people forget a lot of ills.

Your way out off line there mate,

She's a mother who's dying from cancer, earing as much money as she can for her kids. You're using the fact she's dying from cancer to bassically shout about how you shouldn't care and about how horrible she is.
    It;s given you something to talk about, somehting to be nasty about.

You are a cunt.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options

She isn't really. I don;t think you shoudl be telling those with cancer how they should deal with it.

She's a poorly lady, seems to me there are some that are making the most of her terminal illness to shout about how she's not deserving of sympathy. Obviously never had somebody close them die from cancer.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote: »
    She isn't really. I don;t think you shoudl be telling those with cancer how they should deal with it.

She's a poorly lady, seems to me there are some that are making the most of her terminal illness to shout about how she's not deserving of sympathy. Obviously never had somebody close them die from cancer.
    Thats a fair point and you're correct, i havent lost anyone close to cancer, not since ive been old enough to know what was happening anyway. That doesnt mean i (or anyone else who hasnt had first hand experience with the disease) can't have an opinion on the matter. I'm certainly not shouting that she shouldnt deserve sympathy - of course she should, it's a horrible situation to be in for anyone let alone a young mum. I just think that half the stuff getting published should be strictly private matters between close family and friends.
    Although her tale is an undoubtedly sad one i'm implored to beleive that there are people out there far more deserving of the publicity than she.

ETA: Sorry to op for the threadjacking..maybe this should be a new thread..
  • Options
    Lily Allen, she pisses me off with her opinion on everything and the papers that print everything she says.

Shes the kind of celebrity who will be a macrobiotic vegan one week and mcdonalds the next - which is fine but she will preach one diet one week and preach something else the next.

This is until someone asks "Didn't she make music once?' and they don't understand why shes famous.
  • Options
    Your way out off line there mate,

She's a mother who's dying from cancer, earing as much money as she can for her kids. You're using the fact she's dying from cancer to bassically shout about how you shouldn't care and about how horrible she is.
    It;s given you something to talk about, somehting to be nasty about.

You are a cunt.

I ain't using shit. But thanks for your post anyway, it reinforces my point nicely.
  • Options

See what you're saying is that because we've not had someone close die from cancer, that we're somehow not allowed to say anything about Jade.

Unfortunately it doesn't work that way. Firstly because just because someone hasn't known Cancer, it doesn't mean that they haven't known grief, and secondly because Jade has deliberately chosen to exploit her "fame", not her Cancer. When you do things like that, you are standing up to be judged, and not everyone will judge on the same side.
  • Options
    Agreed on Piers Morgan. When I see him on something like Question Time, I tend to agree with him more than I disagree with him. But I still think he's a smarmy piece of shit, who's made a career out of having an opinion about things he is in no way qualified to judge.

Another one, not particularly in this country, is Chuck Norris. Thick as fuck and only given a voice because he's famous. I read an article by him once, and he really doesn't have a clue. I don't get what it is about people that makes them think that because we liked their music or films, we give a shit what they've got to say on political issues and things (says me :D). Fair enough if you're a writer, because at least you've got something to say (although the best ones let their work do the talking).

And Tom Cruise. I'm sure I don't have to justify this one. Never before have I seen a more deluded man talk more bullshit about things he knows nothing about.

The Pope. Again, I doubt I have to justify this one. Does he count as a celebrity though?
  • Options
    Myleene Klass. Please, just fuck off.

As for Jade Goody, if she wishes to use her cancer to bring in millions of pounds to make sure her kids are alright when she's gone, I am certainly in no position to criticise her. I think she's doing the best she can in very difficult and tragic circumstances.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Klass might be annoying but you would!
  • Options
    Piers Morgan, Paul Ross, Ricky Gervais, Jeremy Clarkson, Fiona Phillips, the entire cast of Loose Women maybe saving Carol..she aint so bad, that bastard man from The Wright Stuff many many people :p
  • Options
    JsT wrote: »
    Klass might be annoying but you would!
    Yes I would. :blush:
  • Options
    Bono. Just him. I can't think of anyone else since I read Bono in this thread.
  • Options
    Paul fucking Merson. What a twat. Actually, there are few football "pundits" I wouldn't burn on a bonfire given half a chance.
  • Options
    Sara Cox. Please fuck off.
  • Options
    Paris Hilton. And that new Emma woman on GMTV, she seems so smug
  • Options
    The Pope. Again, I doubt I have to justify this one. Does he count as a celebrity though?

Omg, the Pope! Every time he opens his mouth he seems to offend half the planet. And not even in an 'omg, everyone's so offended so I'm offended too' kind of way, but in a real, how do they even let him say this stuff kind of way. I kind of want the old Pope back.

Don't feel I can properly contribute to this thread as generally I don't care what any celebrities have to say about anything.
  • Options
    I feel partly like i agree with Olive as i don't give a toss really what any of the celebs have to say but there are some who make me shake my head on occasion and think why the hell are they gracing the pages of newspapers with this guff and mainly they're the ones who people have already named - Lily Allen, Alesha Dixon, Paris Hilton, Richard and Judy's Daughter etc.
  • Options
    See what you're saying is that because we've not had someone close die from cancer, that we're somehow not allowed to say anything about Jade.

That's not what I'm saying at all. I'm not syaing you shouln'd have an opinion.
    I'm saying that if you havn't had somebody close to you suffer and die from cancer you probably don't fully grasp how tragic it is.
    I certainly hope that's the reason for your views.

I think you'll find the reason why so many people are intrested in Jade's battle with cancer is that a lot of the population have had such experiences.

At the same time though, we are told that she’s going to “keep giving interviews”. Perhaps, for your own sake Jade (and ours) you should stop giving inteviews and spend some quality time with family, instead of flaunting your illness to gain media exposure.

For some reason you don't thinks it's acceptable for her to use her illness to get media exposure . You seem to have copmpletely missed the fact that she's doign it for the sake of her (soon to be motherless) kids. She's going to die soon - it isn't for her own benifit. How can you have a problem with that?

I suspect you don't like her because of the reasons she became famous in the first place. I hate celeb culture and I'm no fan of Jade, but celeb culture isn't a reason to hate celebs.
    Celec culture exists because of readers, because it sells, because Joe Blogs buys it. Hate them.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Does anyone else think that it's sad that for an illness that so many people have been affected by, it takes a celebrity suffering from it, rather than the advice of medical experts, to get people to take it seriously?