Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Wobbling your jugs? That'll be £62k, please.

There's no end of madness to our legal system at the moment. Well, I suppose we need something to cheer us up from the one-eyed Scottish one's endless lies about the recession, don't we? Here's the latest example from the lunatics in charge of the legal asylum. Says the Daily Mail;

"A gay man who claimed his feelings had been hurt after a colleague wobbled her breasts at him has been awarded more than £62,500 compensation. Allwyn Rondeau, 47, received the payout after an employment tribunal ruled that he had suffered discrimination on the grounds of sexual orientation. The panel heard how in early 2006 colleague Lucy Chilton, then 42, placed the Heathrow security guard's hand on her breast, then told him he 'wouldn't know what to do with a woman anyway'."

Somehow or other, he managed to develop clinical depression after this happened. Yes, I'm as baffled as everyone else at this stage. This man is obviously a complete and utter wimp. It doesn't say much about security at Heathrow when they were prepared to employ someone as soft as this, does it? If £62,000 is the price now for having a woman's tits wobbling about in front of you, then let's be having more of it. It doesn't have to be Chilton - any ugly heffer with a face like a bag of spanners can wave them at me, for all I care. If I can get £62k out of it, go right ahead.

However, one rather disturbing thing I've noticed in this story cannot go uncommented on. When Ms Chilton accused Mr Rondeau of harrassment, he was suspended immediately. When Rondeau did the same to Chilton, she was allowed to continue work and has since been promoted. Anyone care to explain why she was treated differently in this case? Perhaps Chilton [and the company she works for] was aware of the massive amounts of money that women can make by taking companies to court on the most dubious of grounds? Just thinking out loud...

Over to you.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Your final paragraph is why he won the case. When she put in a claim he was suspended, she wasn't. He claimed that he was treated differently than her due to sexual orientation. As he obviously was, he got a payout.
  • Options
    i've really got to get myself into some situations like this so i can get rich too!
  • Options
    To be fair, this wasn't his fault. If I went up to a lesbian female colleague and put her hand on my erect penis, I'd expect to lose my job. I'd not expect her to be suspended.

What this woman did was nasty, and his complaint was not handled in the way it should have.

And this case wasn't just about that one incident, she had taunted and harassed him for a far longer period than your post implies.