Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

any advice please

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I got made redundant mid-January. I agreed to work my months notice and as the last week approached my boss asked me to stay until the end of March because things are busy. I agreed to work 3 days a week to give me time to plan my future, while stiill having some form of income. I don't like the job anymore, and this has given me the kick I need to move area.

There are rumours that he wants me to stay for good. (he said it in the office while i wasn't there, although he made it easy for the entire office to hear it).

1) My months redunancy notice officially finished last week, but with me staying on for an extra month, does this mean my 'reason for leaving' would not be redundancy? What about if I'm offered my fulltime job back and I decline?

2) If/when I leave, they will be very busy, and may have to hire someone else to do my job. Making someone redundant and then filling the same position when they leave is grounds for unfair dismissal, isn't it?

3) Or should I just accept any job offer while continuing my search for another job?

help please!
thanks for reading!

Comments

• Options
    Olly_BOlly_B Posts: 222 Trailblazer
    Hi drumbeat,

The specifics of what happens if you are made redundant and then your employer decides that they need you afterall are quite complicated. Your best bet is to get some expert advice, try contacting ACAS on 08457 47 47 47.

Hope this helps, and good luck with your job hunt, or otherwise...

Olly