Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

It

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
So i watched It earlier, thought it was really good all the way through and scared the hell out of me for most of it, but did anyone else think the ending with the giant spidery thing kinda ruin it?

The whole point of it was that It was a fragment of imagination and cos he wasnt real we could do pretty much anything as long as they believed, but then it turns out its actually a weird spider thing from Alien, that actually exists... wheres the fun in that?!?!

Ok, and vent over.....
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Haha.. I watched it years ago, and it was quite creepy - especially the demented clown music they play in certain scenes! I'm no fan of clowns either. I liked the premise, but you're right. The giant spider..so 80's. I think the movie would have been better off without that.But that's Hollywood for ya!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It's crap.

Sorry.

Also...if they'd taken the spider out I would have screamed, since that's like the Big Ending in the book.

Book > film.

For other examples of crappy SK book-film translations, see also: The Shining.