Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Live nation and ticketmaster to merge to create "music industry superpower"

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
http://www.nme.com/news/various-artists/42676

I personally think this will push extortionate ticket prices even higher, and i'm wondering if this is actually against monopoly laws...
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I think its probably good from the point that it gives consumers more security - less chance of companies going under with peoples money and tickets.
  • Options
    but people won't be able to buy the bloody tickets in the first place because they're effectively created a cartel, and yeah companies will go bust now, even if they had been pretty secure beforehand...

its a disaster, and i don't know why people are letting it go ahead
  • Options
    Ticketmaster is ridecelous and I always wonder how they are not a monopoly anyhow. The last tickets I bought, I paid $12 in "convience charges" and other fees. I think it was just a hair below 15% of the actual ticket price! There are so many shows where if you cannot buy before hand at the venue and you know there is no chance of buying them the day of. Also, so many times the venue doesn't even sell tickets and the only way to get them is thru ticketmaster and it would just be funner to sit on a rose bush.