Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

ACMD calls for a higher classification for horse riding

As some of you might have noticed Professor Nutt suggested in an academic paper something which is as close to fact as you can get with statistics. Taking esctacy and horse riding are roughly comparable risks. However given this actually moves the debate on drugs and their risks forward it has been shouted down by the Home Office in case anyone thinks seriously about how rubbish the current system is.

They have also suggested that MDMA be moved down to Class B, but apparently that would encourage use. Which doesnt hold any water because cannabis use went down when it was effectively decriminalised in large parts of the country.

Apparently there is a review of LSD coming up too, I'd be surprised if the council decides that deserves a Class A status.

Is it now time to disband the Home Office?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    There's nothing to be done except vote them out - the government is unreformable, reactionary and ridden with Hubris.
  • Options
    There's nothing to be done except vote them out - the government is unreformable, reactionary and ridden with Hubris.

And replaced with whom? Personally I'd like to see Chris Hume (sp?) as PM and Vince Cable as Chancelor based on the evidence that they are the only two who actually know what the hell they are talking about.
  • Options
    Horse riding is immoral, dangerous and it damages our society. I propose that all equine-related activities be reclassified to class A immediately.
  • Options
    Jacqui Smith damages my health, and its hard not to wish that someone would damage hers - she is spectacularly setting light to the already fragile scraps of trust in government to provide information and protection for its citizens.
  • Options
    budda wrote: »
    Apparently there is a review of LSD coming up too, I'd be surprised if the council decides that deserves a Class A status.

I think LSD is probably deserving of class A. I know it's pretty much completely non toxic on the body but on the mind......

My one experience with it was not good while I was on it, even though I was in a supposedly good setting for taking it.
    It wasn't even that bad a trip, I knew I was going to be okay, that the effects would wear off etc, but that was all down to my own knowledge of drugs; someone with not so much knowledge, or worse, someone who got drugged without knowing. I can't even imagine the terror.

But for me it was the weeks afterwards that were the worst. I didn't feel right at all. I felt like I'd lost my soul. I think it was a couple of months before I felt completely like myself again.

Not the mind opening experience I was hoping for.
  • Options
    I think LSD is probably deserving of class A. I know it's pretty much completely non toxic on the body but on the mind......

My one experience with it was not good while I was on it, even though I was in a supposedly good setting for taking it.
    It wasn't even that bad a trip, I knew I was going to be okay, that the effects would wear off etc, but that was all down to my own knowledge of drugs; someone with not so much knowledge, or worse, someone who got drugged without knowing. I can't even imagine the terror.

But for me it was the weeks afterwards that were the worst. I didn't feel right at all. I felt like I'd lost my soul. I think it was a couple of months before I felt completely like myself again.

Not the mind opening experience I was hoping for.
    But each drug is different for each person. It's like saying Alcohol should be illegal and given a class C class, because people get sick and have bad nights when out drinking. As you said yourself, it's down to knowledge. Rather than always talking about why you just shouldn't do them, or the bad effects of the drugs (Like you always hear about MJ.), we should be talking about the good and bad.

It's a personal choice to take a drug, if someone wants to experience it they most likely will sometime in their life, regardless of legal class.
  • Options
    JavaKrypt wrote: »
    But each drug is different for each person. It's like saying Alcohol should be illegal and given a class C class, because people get sick and have bad nights when out drinking. As you said yourself, it's down to knowledge. Rather than always talking about why you just shouldn't do them, or the bad effects of the drugs (Like you always hear about MJ.), we should be talking about the good and bad.

It's a personal choice to take a drug, if someone wants to experience it they most likely will sometime in their life, regardless of legal class.

Oh I completely agree.

All I think is that if something such as LSD was downgraded, the uneducated may really underestimate its power and get themselves into a situation they would really rather not be in.

At least as a class A you can hope it might make people do their research before they take it - putting them in a much better position if they then decide they still want to take it.

But then again, I certainly think people should do their research before they take ecstasy (to avoid such incidences such as Leah Betts), and I don't think that should be Class A....
  • Options
    i think if people want to try something their gonna try it regardless of the class! i see where you're coming from tho, lsd can turn nasty!
  • Options
    TAX TAX TAX it's all they care about, what about these
    proven medicinal uses for Marijuana??? Unseen...

Why? because they can't throw up their arms and admit
    God made it grow here for a reason.