Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Is this true?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
theres this lad in college and his tongue is really yellow and looks really gross and he claims that its from smoking too much and this his tongue is slowly flaking away cos bits of the yellow are coming off. it looks gross. is this possible all from smoking? hes only 17 so i thought it abit unlikely although i dont know how long hes smoked for. the sight of its enough to put me off smoking for life!!:o :eek:

Comments

• Options
    urgh sounds gross, doubt its from smoking, i reckon hes got some weird disease thats causing his tongue to disintegrate. smoking can turn peoples teeth yellow, but i doubt it would happen in a 17 year old unless he never ever brushed them, and it certainly shouldnt cause his tongue to flake. i reckon hes got some sort of fungal infection of the tongue.
    If i were you, id try not to snog this bloke - just a tip
  • Options
    Tell him to go see a doctor
  • Options
    I wouldn't imagine so because I've only heard of it staining your teeth but not your tongue. You never know though because of all the chemicals in them these days, he might be an exception
  • Options
    A few years ago when my sister was in hospital, there was a woman in the same ward, whos lefthand side of her face was yellow and cracking, this was due to letting the fag burn in her mouth.
  • Options
    eeeeewwwwwwwww
    (as a valley girl would say)
    i'm fucking glad I gave up
  • Options
    I am not sure about yellow TONGUES per se; however, when I was in school as a high school senior in the USA in 1986, smoking on campus was still allowed in designated areas....frequently you'd see teachers there as well....and how I wish the anti-smoking campaigns of today existed then! I am trying to stop so much but to no avail! My teeth HAVE turned yellow, though! (and worse....poor eating during my late teens and up until age 26 due to drugs caused loss of enamel and to be blunt-) I will be the youngest guy I know who will have dentures ......I am having all my remaining teeth pulled soon, and am dreading it! If smoking is absolutely necessary for you....try a tobacco pipe, and puff, do not inhale but a tiny tiny bit....or if you DO smoke weed, realize the lung damage will be tenfold....but better that and no cigs than both. Just MY opinion:D