Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Trebor murray mints

I had these a lot from the vending machine back in 1995. Then was then a large time-gap. I couldn't even see them in Woolies. In late 2008, my local Indian restaurant gave complimentary Trebor murray mints out when the bill comes. Much to my delight, they tasted as I remembered back in 1995. In 2009 the restaurant gave out the same sweets but they're now called Bassett murray mints. A merger had probably taken place. I searched it on Wikipedia and found their entry as "Cadbury Trebor Bassett". Is that now 3 companies turned 1? If someone could please confirm, that would be funky :-)
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,284 Skive's The Limit
    "Trebor mints are a minty bit stronger, stick up em up your arse and they last a bit longer."

Isn't that how it used to go?
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Cadbury bought Trebor Bassett in like 1990. Cadburys also merged with Schweppes too but that was a fair few years before.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Ah right. Is the 'Bassett' in Trebor Bassett the same Bassett for their "Licorice Allsorts" sweets?
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Yes, the one and the same.