Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Size 8 and 5ft

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok so I'm 17 years old! and its really hard to find jeans/trousers that fit me properly, I see people wearing trousers that don't have to pull them up and bring their jumper/shirt down over the waist band to emphasize their bum.

I'm 5ft0 and a size 8 and I wanna know any other girls have this problem? I mean I have to go in the teenager/kiddy section sometimes and figure out my size in years and I look so stupid.

What can I do?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Im 5ft 2.5 the lowest i been size 10 im a 16 to 18 now but not fat just curvy always had been got 2 kids my figure change alot in 7 years i hate my middle though u can tel i ad 2 kids +i go gym 3x a wk walk every where eat healthy dont drink fizzy stuff try put muscle on then ur bit more fuller curvier maybe :chin:
    I'd love to be toned I mean ppl say I'm silly to worry about that just because im small but the fact is you can be a size 26 and have a better body than a size 8.. because if your not toned it looks all horrible.

I guess I should try and tone up! :( grrr...

SUCKS
    M&S is where i buy almost all my jeans from because they do short sizes, and they do do size 8 as well!

buy from petite ranges, i'm 5 foot 1 but i'm mega curvy (before i had my accident i was a size 10-12 on bottom, and 16-18 on top, now i'm a 12-14 on bottom, but it will soon come off once i'm back in the gym)

you need to get some body confidence sweetie!

being toned is over rated! Saying that, i am going to be doing weight training once i get back to full movement and health, but i need core muscle strength to do well in my martial art...

one thing that i find makes a HUGE difference is cocoa butter...firms your skin up loads, and it great if your size fluctuated quite a bit like me...

dorethy perkins, principles and debenhams are really good for petite ranges...
    Well I have the same problem. I am a bit younger though.
    I'm glad this is going well for you!

I'm gonna try the cocoa butter.. I've heard good things but kept thinking to myself that its just a glorified moisturiser! but I have some stretch marks on my inner thighs and I have no idea where they came from because I've always been this size.. I pretty much always stay 7stone 4lbs sometimes 7stone on a good day.

I'm gonna check out my local fitness centre and see if they do any classes that would help, might try and get a friend to get interested too that way it can be a social thing and I'll have more motivation to do it.