Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

please help

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hiya to all im looking for some one tohelp me im a self harmer who is going through a stressful and difficult time at the moment and im struggling to fight the urges to start slashing my arms again........is there any one out there...:crying:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Loads of people on here :)

Chat away, loads of people will chat to you on here.
    dont know where to start really im now on my 3rd night of no sleep and trying to be suportive to my boyfriend as he is with his x partner who is about to have his baby...but am finding it really hard to cope with and when im not in control of things around me i have to harm myself as it my way of coping and being in control.....i have just managed to get my arms back to looking normal and now i find myself going through this and struggling to fight the urge to pick up my razor blade and do it again so i can feel in control.........
    You sound like your going through a oretty rough time atm, apart from on here can you talk to anyone in real life or a helpline such as the Smaritans?

For the self harming, do you have any distractions methods, using icecubes, elastic bands round the wrist and drawing on your arms with red pen work for me Recover Your life has a massive list of methods.

You are not alone.
    have tryed to talk to friends and family and even my boyfriend but they look at me in such disguste that i pretended i had stopped and became very good at covering it up when i had....... i draw on my arms with pen but then i always end up cutting where i have drawed....

the way my family and friends hae reacted make me nervous about talkin about it. but with the lack of sleep and trying to remain there for my boyfriend and the fact that my arms now look normal im really wanting to fight the urge to do it again but like most things its a controlling element you have to feel your in control when every thing around is not....
    Hey Nikkisixx,

First of all - welcome to The site, it is really great that you have come here for advice, support and knowledge. As Goodfella said, there are loads of people who will chat with you on here, some with similar experiences to you. Thesite is also very friendly too.

Purplebutterfly has given you great advice, and something to give some thought.

We have some good fact sheets and advice pages on here about self harming, and in particular for you - coping with urges. You may also want to look at our pages on sleeping. These may help you to explore what is going on for you at the moment.

Please keep posting and keep strong.

:)