Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I don't know how i feel anymore

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I suffer from deppression i'm getting counselling because i don't know how i feel anymore. My mum has always been there for me when i was young i was in hospital for months having operations, tests and stuff on my eyes so my mum was there for me when i was young. But now i older i don't love her as much as i used to the gap between us has been getting bigger for years. She's always told people i'm slow, have bad learing difficulties and behavior problems i only have slight learning diffuclties but thats all. but many people say i havent got behavior problems even my connexions advisor says i havent.

But this time she's gone too far she took £20 out of my bank and she says to me i'm being silly but i know for certain it was her i've got the proof. After year of being called slow and stupid by others and bye other family i've had enought. The only people i love in my whole family is my nana and my baby cousin who's 1 he's a little star but a a very noisy star!!

I need my own inderpendance so i've deceded to move out next month
and get my own flat i know it will be hard at first but my nana and connexions will help me get back on my feet. Ha and i was depressed about my diet as well!!! I'm nuts

Thanks for listening everyone. :):):)

Comments

• Options
    Moving out is a BIG step.
    i did it when I was 18 and if im honest it was too early.
    I moved out because my mum grew away from em too.
    She would invade my privacy like you wouldnt believe. And opening my post. That drove me up the wall. She was far too intrusive and drove me away but she doesnt seem to understand that.
    But mothers always love their kids and think theyre right all the time so dont worry yourself over it.
    Love is blind.
  • Options
    Thats not very nice if your mum is calling you slow and stuff :(

Maybe see somebody about that..i dont know who but its wrong!
  • Options
    Hey Custard,

Sound's like there a few things going on for you at the moment.

It is good that you are getting some counselling for your depression, i hope that this is helping you? It sound's like you have some good support in your Connexions worker and your Nanna. These people will become even more important to turn to if you decide to move out as it really is a big move to make, as Mylo_B says.

How would it feel to talk to your Mum about how you are feeling and that you now want your own independence and space? It may help to get everything out in the open?

You might also want to look at Thesite's advice sheets on depression, counselling, family, and in particular the one about wanting to move out.

Keep posting and let us know how you get on. Take care :)
  • Options
    thank you everyone for the support and advice. I just hope i'm ready to move away from my mum i want to and if i get in trouble along the way i know my nan will help me out.

Thanks everyone
    Custard xx
  • Options
    out of interest, what is the proof you have that it was your mum who took the money? does she have access to your bank account?

i imagine that would be very hard to prove, unless you had CCTV footage of her accessing the cash point, which you could link to a recorded withdrawal on your balance statement
  • Options
    Hi the proof is cctv. Plus the bank card was in a place where i hide all my secret stuff so she must of known where it is.
    But its over now. She's paying the price i'm moving out for good. :):)