Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Caffeine.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
We all know it, and to many of us it is a close friend in fighting off the blur that appears at the side of our vision at 3 am. I personally, drink far too much of the stuff... How my little heart copes with 4 cans of relentless in the space of an hour is beyond me... So, whats your favourite energy beverage? And would you like to share some interesting caffeine related stories?

My favourite energy drink is relentless. Unfortuneately I seldom have the money to buy it so I stick to Emerge. It's a dirt cheap Red Bull imitation you can buy for 23p a can in Asdas.... so I reason 4 cans of that at 92p is about the same as 1 can of relentless as £1.45... My most interesting caffeine related experience happened about two weeks ago... I had been suffering from sleep deprivation after 53 hours awake and along with the hyperactivity, tremours etc. associated with sleep dep I had found myself unable to get to sleep however hard I tried. To add to all of this I had arrangements to meet my girlfriend at 4.00 that evening. So I decided that if I downed some energy drinks before hand I might be able to stay even for the duration of the evening... Fat chance. My girlfriend knew that I hadn't slept and offered to postpone arrangements several times, but I hadn't seen her in a week and wasn't going to be able to see her for another week otherwise (damn exams...). So I turn up at the decided place wide eyed and slightly unaware of my surroundings. We went back to hers kissed for a while and started chatting for abit. She realised that my eyes where darting all over the place and asked if I had taken anything. So I told her about the four pack of relentless I had bought and downed on my way there... She said that she was worried and that maybe we should call it a night. So I got on a bus back to my house... That's where it went crazy. Suddenly I was convinced the whole bus was staring at me. My thoughts where REALLY loud in my head and I had to concentrate to make sure I wasn't saying them aloud. It was some weird stuff about torture and tearing out my tongue (the rest is abit of a blur). God that was a weird night... So I managed to get two hours of sleep that night and decided until I was sleeping normally I would stay away from the energy juice...

Comments

• Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,284 Skive's The Limit
    Too much Caffeine makes me feel shit.

If I want a buzz there are plenty of better drugs.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote: »
    Too much Caffeine makes me feel shit.

If I want a buzz there are plenty of better drugs.

Fair enough. But I'm a zero or ten kinda guy. I know that if started experimenting with drugs, I probably wouldn't stop and would probably die taking them.. I'll stick with things I can buy from shops, where I know exactly what Im drinking and how much is safe.
  • Options
    When i was doing a presenation evening i drank 5 cans of red bull and 8 cups of coffee in 24 hours......bloomin heck was i ill i didn't sleep for two days and i was still drinking more coffee i was addicted to the stuff...... So i cut down strait away and i felt the effects mostly headaches but i took me only 2 weeks to stop completly and now i ONLY drink coffe once or twice a week and i only drink water. I'll never go there again!!
  • Options
    ÜberGr!m wrote: »
    Fair enough. But I'm a zero or ten kinda guy. I know that if started experimenting with drugs, I probably wouldn't stop and would probably die taking them.. I'll stick with things I can buy from shops, where I know exactly what Im drinking and how much is safe.

:lol:

sounds like you were suffering from the effects of sleep deprivation more than anything! things tend to get strange after a few days of no sleep, you start suffering from auditory and visual hallucinations