Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Alcohol -> high heart rate.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My heart is literally fluttering! I can't seem to calm down my racing heart! Is it likely to be a come down from alcohol? And why?

Comments

• JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    It depends what you were drinking. Many occasions I've heard of people having racing hearts after a big session, especially when sugary drinks or caffeine drinks such as coke and stimulants like red bull. What were you drinking?

I'd personally recommend having something to eat and drinking plenty of water to dilute whatever is in your system - if it is alcohol of course.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Erm, I had a 1/2 bottle of chardonnay, 2 rum shots, couple of those shitty sugary things and a few shots so yeah....a fair whack there!!

Water it is, thank you young man :D
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I'm not a doctor though so don't blame me if you die :p

Personally if I drink those horrible VK/WKD I normally feel a bit racy the day after, no surprise they are literally full of sugar!
    That's so true about drinks that are full of sugar (in my experience anyway).
    I get this generally the next day after drinking...normally a few hours after being awake. I don't drink sugary drinks just vodka lime and soda water. It goes after a bit :)