Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

E's

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ok i have a question, seeing as im not at all clued up about drugs...my mate has taken E's before, gets them from a reliable source and thinks hes knows whats in them. is there any risk to him if he takes E's again, knowing it didnt have an immediate bad affect the first time?

Comments

• Options
    Yes of course theres a risk, your at risk from getting ill, adicted or death from most drugs, especially if misused.

i used to take E's every other day, in my personal opinion i think you should let him get on with it himself and just guide him, because i had most of my mates try and talk me out of doing it and i hated that.just because hes done it once doesnt mean its safe the next time, or the time after that, OR ANY TIME. you could make yourself ill or sick if you drink TO MUCH walter, you can get ill also if you dont drink enough. you can die from overdoes, or if it is a dougey pill.

I cant see how he deffenetly knows its a reliable dealer, unless he made the pill himself, no E pill is garanted to be safe. and beleave me once he pills more and more, he wont be getting them off his reliable source, he will just take them from any one on a street corner.

From what ive notaced about people that pill, is that they do it once, then do it loads and loads untill there body starts needing more and more to get the same rush, and then one day the just decide it isnt worth it, because you can never get the rush you did when you 1st pilled (if that made sence) pilling is like a stage in life, let him get on with it, it will pass...

im pleased that ive quit pilling now, after even goin to drugs caunceling(sp?. but if i could go back in time, id do it all over again because it was some of the best times of my life ;)
  • Options
    Useful articles

E factsheet

reducing risks
  • Options
    He's as safe as anyone else. Which is pretty safe considering that out of 25 million plus pills dropped last year, 27 people died.
    Theres always a small risk, which shouldn't be ignored. If he's getting them off someone reliable thats a good thing. I don't agree with Kid with problems when he says he'll end up buying off anyone on a street corner, I certainly haven't ended up like that, and won't.
  • Options
    I have to disagree with Kid_With Problems as well, the amount of MDMA needed to overdose is much higher than that contained in a pill, or even a few pills.

If your friend knows a dealer, I should very much doubt the dealer would supply him with dodgy pills. To put it bluntly, if he supplies your friend with dodgy pills, your friend dies then the dealer has lost a customer. Not a very good sales tactic, is it?

Besides, the media blames ecstacy related deaths on 'dodgy pills'. This is not true - the majority of the deaths are casued by overheating, due to dancing to much, becoming dehydrated, and not drinking enough water. Then there's Leah Betts. The papers had a field day over how she got 'super strength' pills. This also, is not true. Several of her friends had the same pills, from the same batch as her, and they were fine. Leahs death was caused by drinking too much fluids, be that alcohol or water.

Oh, and there is a negligable chance of becoming addicted to ecstacy, if there is a chance at all.

Though saying this, I'm not denying there isn't a risk in taking ecstacy...there is one, and again, it shouldn't be ignored.
  • Options
    i dissagre

I started only takeing pills of my usal dealer, and i promased id only take them off him, but soon enough i just toke them from any man in the street that was selling them

and i dissagree with these points:
    Originally posted by Kiezo
    If your friend knows a dealer, I should very much doubt the dealer would supply him with dodgy pills. To put it bluntly, if he supplies your friend with dodgy pills, your friend dies then the dealer has lost a customer. Not a very good sales tactic, is it?

who says his dealer isnt some man or kid thats picked up 10/20 pills from some man in a pub or something, whos saying this man could be trusted.

Most dealers have a dealer, its a chain and who says somewere along the chain there isnt a bad link
    Originally posted by Kiezo
    Oh, and there is a negligable chance of becoming addicted to ecstacy, if there is a chance at all.

Think of it like this:
    A man takes a pill for the 1st time, he likes it and takes a 2nd then a 3rd and before you know it you enjoy pilling so much your doing it every weekend.
    of course you can stop whenever you want, but whats the point? what have you got to lose? so you migh aswell carry on and soon pills become as adictive as fags...

Now isnt that adiction?
  • Options
    Re: i dissagre
    [Now isnt that adiction? [/B]

In a way, but it's a psychological addiction. You're addicted to the feelings that the drug, E, gives you. You're not addicted to the drug itself, like say niccotine.
  • Options
    Originally posted by RubberSkin
    In a way, but it's a psychological addiction. You're addicted to the feelings that the drug, E, gives you. You're not addicted to the drug itself, like say niccotine.

I no but Kiezo was giveing the impression that the drug is completely non adictive, and i beleave in my opinion that that is fause infomation, so i proved a point ;)

starting pilling and other hard drugs is on a ladder the higher you climb up....the harder it is to get back down
  • Options
    Re: i dissagre
    Originally posted by Kid_With Problems
    I started only takeing pills of my usal dealer, and i promased id only take them off him, but soon enough i just toke them from any man in the street that was selling them

and i dissagree with these points:

who says his dealer isnt some man or kid thats picked up 10/20 pills from some man in a pub or something, whos saying this man could be trusted.

Most dealers have a dealer, its a chain and who says somewere along the chain there isnt a bad link

The fact remains that dodgy pills are almost non-existant though. The guy in the pub isn't going to want to supply pills that are going to kill people, thus losing the other dealer as a customer, and facing investigation from the police.
    Think of it like this:
    A man takes a pill for the 1st time, he likes it and takes a 2nd then a 3rd and before you know it you enjoy pilling so much your doing it every weekend.
    of course you can stop whenever you want, but whats the point? what have you got to lose? so you migh aswell carry on and soon pills become as adictive as fags...

Now isnt that adiction?

Uh...no. That's not addiction. If you can quit at any time you want, that's hardly physical or physcological addiction.
  • Options

I no but Kiezo was giveing the impression that the drug is completely non adictive, and i beleave in my opinion that that is fause infomation, so i proved a point

Ecstasy never causes Physical addiction though there is definately a case for physcological addiction.

I'm certainly not physcologically addicted in the sense that I need it to forget my problmes or because I constantly want to be in a luvdup state, but then again it's just it's very hard to come up with a very good reason to of why I should stop.

Three types of people:

1 - You have people who are addicted to something such as nicotine who know smoking is severely damaging their health, they want to stop yet they can't stop. Phyically addicted

2 - You have the people getting out their heads on non-physically addictive substances that get high to forget about life's problems and worries. physcologically addicted

3 - Then you have the people who a using a substance that they can give up if they want, but choose not to. physcologically addicted as well?

We know that people of type 1 and 2 are addicts but what about type 3... are they addicts too?
  • Options
    Originally posted by 'Skive
    3 - Then you have the people who a using a substance that they can give up if they want, but choose not to. physcologically addicted as well?

We know that people of type 1 and 2 are addicts but what about type 3... are they addicts too?

Ive done a poll, To find other peoples opinions. :)

Click here to view the poll
  • Options
    Originally posted by 'Skive

I dont think that your 3rd type of person would be classed as addicted if they can give up at any time, but what they have is more of a controlable habbit
  • Options
    i dont think that the 3rd type is an addict either. i would class that as someone who just enjoyed using, but was not hooked.
  • Options
    The third type is definetly not an addict. i mean, lets not forget what an addict is. Its someone who NEEDS a particular substance, not someone who just wants to take a pill to hav a good night.

Alot of people seem to get the impression that just because someone enjoys pilling and does it regularly that it makes them an addict. Most people like chocolate right? But even though the majority of people arent addicted, most wouldnt like the idea of never eating chocolate again. Same goes for e. Its something that people enjoy, phsychological addiction doesnt happen that often.