Home Student Life & Education
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

i hate my bus and feeling really down

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
right, mixture of 2 problems here
all the people on my bus are complete freaks, i tried to talk to them in the first week or so of college and they just were werid and didn't really make an effot to talk to me and if they did they were really insultive to, fast forward to this term they have started coming up behind me and pulling my hair or stroking it, now i don;t usually care about that sort of thing if its someone i like but them... its just werid
I no its not bullying, well not to the extent that i've been bullied, but it didn't help yesterday that i was feeling really depressed and they were touching my hair continually, i moved they followed, i told them to stop and they didn't
I was so close to just breaking down yesterday, i hadn't had a good day and they could see that i was down and what did they do, they fucked about with my hair

the thing is, i could change transport to train or a diffrent bus, i wanna do that but that will mean i will have to tell my mum, she was there when i was on lustral and shes been surportive to me since i came off but i don't want to tell her about whats happening on the bus cos she'll take it up with the college and she'll want me to go back to my consiller and i still go to see him but if he tells me to go back to lustral i don't think i could cope with it atm, i no i would go back on to it because it might help me but i really don't want to, it would really screw me over again, and i just started afresh with new friends and been able to show who i really am, i've told my closest friend that i was on anti-depresants and they didn't freak out they were really surportive its just that the rest of my friends that i'm worried about, i have no idea what to do

sorry its along post, its helped to get of my chest though

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    it definitely is a form of harrassment. Theyre touching you uninvitedly, innappropriately.
  • Olly_BOlly_B Posts: 222 Trailblazer
    Hi Curly Boy,

Sorry to hear about the hassle that you are having on your bus to college. As SuzyCreamcheese says, it is a form of bullying - they have no right to do that to you and you have every right to have them stopped.

I understand why you don't want to tell your mum, your counsellor or your college, but not telling these people will mean they can't do anything to make the bullying stop.

Perhaps a way to do it is make a list or a record of how well you are doing since you came off your antidepressants. Show that you are coping well at college, at home and elsewhere. It's important to understand, and make them understand, that what is going on on the bus is not connected to your previous episode of depression; and therefore going back on Lustral would not help the problem.

I hope this helps...

Olly
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Sounds like a classic case of bullying/intimidation to me.