Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Oh dear..another WW question

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
im not dense (honest!) its just that this is the first time in my life i am trying to lose weight and get healthy in a sensible way and dammit i wanna do it right! so, i had a good day today and then for dinner i had chilli but i didnt want it all, so to use up the rest of my points i had a ww dessert and then 2 ww cake bars. this added up to 5 points (for the dessert) but my mum said, you have to keep it balanced and that you arent really allowed to eat lots of treats. i mean it wasnt even that many! but she said i wasnt balanced, because the chilli itself prob came to less points than the dessert. oh dear...any guidance on this? am i really not allowed treats at the end of the day to use up rest of points?

Comments

• Options
    If you're doing it on points I don't think it matters, but you should keep it balanced for nutrition purposes.

Also, if you have extra points, you don't have to use them up :). You can save them (like exercise gives you extra points too) so that you can either have a bigger treat at the end of the week/month OR just leave them and then that means you lose a bit more weight :).
  • Options
    You're supposed to use up your points - according to WW, those who don't use up their points are less likely to lose weight then those who don't!

I tend to use my points on naughty things too ;)
  • Options
    haha oh right ok thanks guys!!! need to get the hand of this ahh xx
  • Options
    You can save 4 points a day btw - to use up at the end of the week :)
  • Options
    Oh, interesting! They must set it up differently there. The one I am on gives you the points for a day, the points you get for exercising (that are exchanged for food) and 35 extra points to be used thruout the week.

Anywho... As what Franki says, of course you should be eating your points in a balanced way, but whats the point of eating healthy if you cannot treat yourself ;)

How are the WW deserts? I have some coupons, if they ever go on sale I might try the lemon cake... never actually eaten any of their food.
  • Options
    How are the WW deserts? I have some coupons, if they ever go on sale I might try the lemon cake... never actually eaten any of their food.

amazingggggg, i would actually prefer them to ordinary puddings even if i wasnt on a diet <3