Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Accents...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Not sure where else to put this!!

I just wanted to find out if anyone else gets right giddy over the sexy irish dulcit tones? Oh my word - it just makes me go:flirt:

Comments

• Options
    oh yessss :yum:

i work at an airport, we have a LOT of Irish customers :D
  • Options
    Oooooh me too :D
    Definately one of THE most sexiest accents ever... even if sometimes i cant understand a word they're saying!!
  • Options
    I just like accents to be honest :blush: Esp. love the southern accent. My ex was a surrey man and his accent was great.
    But yes irish accents are interesting and very lovely to listen to :)
  • Options
    Oh my god i LOVE irish people and geordie accents too go weak at the knees:yes:
  • Options
    be warned
    some guys may read this and try and put on irish accents if they meet u :P

i don't realy notice accents tbh, but then i'm more interested in the person than their voice
    and i'm not saying ur vain for likeing the accents, its just my personal opion
  • Options
    I have an Irish flatmate. Can't understand him half the time, but it sounds nice :)
  • Options
    I have an Irish flatmate. Can't understand him half the time, but it sounds nice :)

Oooh I'm jealous ya lucky bean :yum:
  • Options
    I have a Irish friend, he could chat crap to me all day and I wouldn't care. It depends on how "brassy" it is, just like all accents have a understandable level compared to not understanding at all. Like Liverpudlian accents, I like it on some people, but if it's brassy then forget it.

I like the Scottish accent too, though I can't understand it 99% of the time. :p
  • Options
    Well like most places an Irish accent can vary so much in a small distance. Northern Irish sounds nothing like Southern Irish. It might seem silly that i say this but a lot of people i have met expect me to talk like Father Ted lol. Im from Northern Ireland so thats not the case. Some people in Northern Ireland even sound a bit scottish.

I take it that when people think of a nice Irish accent they are thinkin of a Southerner?

I think accents can be nice when they are not too harsh but a real turn of if they are.
  • Options
    mrniceguy wrote: »
    Well like most places an Irish accent can vary so much in a small distance. Northern Irish sounds nothing like Southern Irish. It might seem silly that i say this but a lot of people i have met expect me to talk like Father Ted lol. Im from Northern Ireland so thats not the case. Some people in Northern Ireland even sound a bit scottish.

I take it that when people think of a nice Irish accent they are thinkin of a Southerner?

I think accents can be nice when they are not too harsh but a real turn of if they are.

:wave: hi there :flirt:
  • Options
    Oh I'm not fussed! I love the Belfast accent :)

Aj Fan - you big tart you ;):p
  • Options
    I live about 40 mins from Belfast. Not to dissapoint but i grew up in Devon, only been back about two and a half years. Im not sure where my accents at lol. I'm at a point where i sound English to Irish people and Irish to English People lol.

But yey just to make it clear i sound like Chris and Malachy off Hollyoaks, NOT Father Ted lol.
  • Options
    Oh my word...I lurrrrrve Malachy :D
  • Options
    Curvy_lass wrote: »
    Oh my word...I lurrrrrve Malachy :D

It's the stubble isn't it? lol......In your accent do you say "o it wer reet good it wor"? lol.
  • Options
    Haha, I'm not originally from Manchester, I'm from Buckinghamshire darrrllliinnngg ;)

Everything about the actor who plays Malachy is sexy :D
  • Options
    Curvy_lass wrote: »
    Haha, I'm not originally from Manchester, I'm from Buckinghamshire darrrllliinnngg ;)

Everything about the actor who plays Malachy is sexy :D

Oh right you are dear lol. That is a posh accent right?
  • Options
    I'm not posh darling ;) Haha :D
  • Options
    I spoke to a friend of mine from New Zealand and I have never heard anything hotter. That conversation has totally turned me lesbian :heart:
  • Options
    I spoke to a friend of mine from New Zealand and I have never heard anything hotter. That conversation has totally turned me lesbian :heart:

Yeah i like that type of accent because it sounds nice and friendly :)..... i like girly girls so anything that makes a girl sound more fun and sexy. Hard to put that down to one accent but has to be suttle or it goes from sexy/cheeky to scally/chav lol.
  • Options
    Irish accents = :heart: I went to N.Ireland last year and was sat next to an irish guy on the flight back and we got talking. I couldn't understand him most of the time but I just enjoyed listening.