Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Things you should never say to a woman

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
It's a bit patronising but someone might find it useful :)

http://www.asylum.com/2009/01/23/15-things-you-should-never-say-to-a-woman/

Comments

• Options
    what? asking about the age is rude?

jeez...

and yea, I hate this "smile" bullshit too. There is this guy who has probably nothing to smile about. got kicked out of uni, out of his job and is just a plain dumb nut. And he always asks stupid stuff like "what's with the frown? Life is too short for that. smile more." and, "how are you?" - "fine, thanks." - "just fine? Well, I'm uber-fantastic super good fine. Why just fine?"

FUCK OFF

"4. You sure you wanna eat that? If she wasn't sure, she wouldn't have ordered it. And are you sure you want to question her diet, Mr. Nacho, Wings and Beer Belly?"

omg, way to misunderstand a simple question. You look like you are leaving a perfectly good 15euro meal, because you are "full" after 3 bites. I'm asking because I'm still hungry and I want to eat it, not keeping you from eating it, questioning your diet.
  • Options
    i have to agree with most of them...especially the one about blaming a woman's anger on her period... how rude.
  • Options
    "Do these jeans make my bum look big?"

"Nope, that'll be the BigMacs".
  • Options
    "Do these jeans make my bum look big?"

"Nope, that'll be the BigMacs".

yeah, I hate question with only one true answer.

Or questions with no correct answer either. I remember riding a taxi with a friend and two mutual friend of ours, who are a couple (so me, guy1, guy+gf). So guy1 says to me, "whoa look at this bird." while passing an attractive female human unit. gf goes like, "what's so good on her? You mean her chest? I have better ones. What do you say, Matt, are my boobs better?"

"..." yeah... what kind of answer do you want to hear? And what kind of answer is possible without your jealous b/f having a hissy...
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    what? asking about the age is rude?

Put it this way, if a woman doesn't like being asked how old she is, then she's probably too old for you.

Also, who designed this shitty website. A list of 15 things, on 15 seperate pages, all of which take an age to load.
  • Options
    oh i nearly smacked a male ex-friend of mine in the mouth when he said my best friend looked hot...it would have been fine if he hadn't had his tongue hanging out and followed that with the comment...."ohh i'll gum 'er right up"...

fucker...
  • Options
    oh i nearly smacked a male ex-friend of mine in the mouth when he said my best friend looked hot...it would have been fine if he hadn't had his tongue hanging out and followed that with the comment...."ohh i'll gum 'er right up"...

fucker...

I don't see the problem with that? Was he your husband? No.
  • Options
    no, but she's taken, and he has no respect for anyone, especialy since she'd asked him to stop perving more than once before..
  • Options
    no, but she's taken, and he has no respect for anyone, especialy since she'd asked him to stop perving more than once before..

just because she's taken makes her more unattractive? Or unable to attract other males?

If he was your b/f I can understand the prob, but he was just a mate. Insecure much?
  • Options
    Reference the Can I kiss you? question:

A lot of people learn how to do this spontaneously. Just watch a Bond film and you'll see. The same goes with one asking another person out. But what about sensory-impaired people like myself who can't catch the body language? Because of vastly reduced eyesight and hearing, I have to ask verbally.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Yet no mention of "your sister gives a better blowjob". Hmmm.......
  • Options
    JsT wrote: »
    Yet no mention of "your sister gives a better blowjob". Hmmm.......

Nor "Your skin is very soft...it'll make an excellent lamp shade".
  • Options

not really your problem though right?
  • Options
    the site took too long to load each page.

This is a much more severe crime than saying any old bullshit to some chick
  • Options

So? You need to lighten the fuck up. It's not your problem. In fact, there IS no problem.
  • Options
    i suppose not, but in the context he said it in, it was she's great, and you're shit...

insecurities...yeah i do need to lighten the fuck up...anyway...
  • Options
    I think a lot of those things are a little annoying/partronizing/whatever, but I also think most of them are just misinterpretations; like asking a girl if you can kiss her. I think it's sweet 'cause it proves the guy wants to do something the girl will like, or with the black/asian/tall girls and 'steriotyping' I usually just put it down to the guy not knowing any better, shrug it off, correct them, and tell them not to do it again.
  • Options
    Nor "Your skin is very soft...it'll make an excellent lamp shade".

:lol: love it!

C'mon the age question isn't too bad to ask, it's how you word it and say it that matters.