Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Need some more opinions....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok. So I've been thinking about this for a few days. I've gotten opinions from several people (both male and female) and yet the situation is no clearer.

I was on the phone to my bf the other day and we were having a really good conversation. We were talking about politics, ideology and music. A really good conversation.

Then we were talking about the Beatles and all of a sudden he asks me "Do you know where your heart is?"

And I said "In my chest... to the left?"

He got rather annoyed with me and rung off and I was left thinking eh?

He called me back a few minutes later and said to drop it.

Was he trying to tell me that he loves me, or trying to get me to say it.

Or was he just annoyed he thought his heart was on the right?

My female friends have all gone EH?

And my male friends (and my dad) say he was trying to get me to let my true feelings slip.

He said to me the other day that he's falling in love with me, not IN love with me, but falling and I said I am too, but is this related.

I'm utterly confused and he won't talk about it. Things are good between us at the moment and I KNOW that he'll never say it first. Though I must point out I'm no way ready to say it.

Opinions people? Please reassure me that I am not completely crazy:confused:

Comments

• Options
    If someone did that to me I'd porbably say exactly what you said, but I think your male mates could be right...he's just trying to see your true feelings, but didn't get it quite right ;)
  • Options
    weird... if he's trying to get you to say you love him or anything along those lines it's an odd way to go about it. but who knows with men?!
  • Options
    Being the insecure guy i am, falling for a girl is hard. I like to be reminded of how much i mean to her. Even if the actions are there my simple man mind likes to be told.

Maybe he just wants a bit of reassurance?
  • Options
    hes asking you if youre sure of your feelings for him
  • Options
    hes asking you if youre sure of your feelings for him

:yes:
  • Options
    Hmmm, seems so. Well, I'm seeing him this weekend but we've got a naughty one planned as opposed to a fluffy lovey dovey one.... Sure I can let him know somehow that I care about him deeply somehow hehe.
  • Options
    you gave the right answer and your boyfriend is strange.
  • Options
    Why he couldn't ask you outright is beyond me?!
  • Options
    Curvy_lass wrote: »
    Why he couldn't ask you outright is beyond me?!

If he is already insecure he would not want to just ask. Wouldn't you feel bad if you had to ask your partner if they like you?
  • Options
    Sorry, I agree with the others but your answer just made me laugh. A lot. That is exactly what I would have said :lol:

(It took me a few minutes to work out why it wasn't the right answer...)
  • Options
    Well the other day we were in bed and he sung a "I loveeee youuuuu" line of a song.... it was the only line in the entire song he sung....

my dad said he was being subtle. Hahaha
  • Options
    He's obviously a bit scared or embarrassed about saying it properly so needs to do it in some roundabout way. When he was on the phone he'd probably been practising and working himself up to do it for hours before, then you ruined it all and that's why he got angry :p

When he was on the phone, did you have an idea what he was going to say? Or did you honestly not get what he really meant? Presumably he was annoyed because either you didn't get it or you chose not to get it. Might be worth reassuring him, but if you aren't planning on reciprocating if he does say he loves you, you need to have a decent response planned that won't knock him back again!