Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Day 1?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
(Sorry in advance for graphic colour info!)

In the last couple of months my husband and I have begun trying for a baby. I have had one natural period since coming off the pill.

This week I have felt very odd, sicky and crampy and not in a period way. I did think there was the possibility of me being pregnant as I also began to spot slightly which I understood could be implantation bleeding.

Since then the spotting got darker and heavier and then today I can only presume I have fully come on as it has changed from brown to a reddier colour although I am still feeling odd and the cramps are completely different to what I am used to.

Although I am disappointed I am not pregnant I am also realistic and know it is early days! What my main question is, to try and work out when I am due to ovulate next month when do you think I should class as my Day 1? Working from today I do think I have had a traditional 28 day cycle but due to my spotting earlier in the week I am not sure!

Any advice would be appreciated!

Comments

• Options
    Soph001Soph001 Posts: 105 The Mix Convert
    I think you're right to regard this as a normal period for now, until your body gives you any signs otherwise. It might feel different simply because you've come off the pill and so everything's less predictable now.

Regarding your cycle, this is a pretty comprehensive website about 'knowing your menstrual cycle'. If I were you I'd count from when the spotting got heavier and darker, but you're right it is difficult to say.

Anyway, why not play it safe and just have lots of sex for the few weeks in general you're likely to be most fertile :thumb: ?

Good luck, it's obviously early days yet so you guys have fun trying!
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Thanks for your advice Soph, I don't think it is clear when my Day 1 was so will just be a guessing game!

Trying to stay nice and relaxed about it all but brain isn't being quite so helpful :)