Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Expert Chat - Mental Health - Tues 3rd Feb

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey there :wave:

The next expert chat will be on Tuesday 3rd February from 7-8pm with Frances McCann from 42nd Street.

Frances is returning to answer your questions about anything that is bothering you, or you are curious about, related to mental health. She has specific knowledge in areas around self-harm such as coping techniques.

Here's a reminder about Frances' background:

"I have been supporting young people face-to-face, on–line and on the phone for 14 years. 42nd Street is a mental health support organization for young people in Manchester, Salford and Trafford. At 42nd Street we have been offering non-critical, “young person centred” support to young people who self harm for many years. As a result of our work, and with the assistance of the young people who use the service, we have contributed nationally to a greater, less judgemental understanding of self harm – and this has resulted in better support for and treatment of young people who self harm."

Please bear in mind that it's not possible for a chat like this to provide full one-to-one support for individual members - but we will be able to direct people to the best places for further help.

Feel free to post questions here (or PM me) if you think you'll be unable to attend, but do bear in mind that questions asked live will take priority.

Take a look at what was talked about last time she came to chat:http://www.thesite.org/community/thesocial/chat/chatarchive/FrancesMcCann

Once we open chat you can enter via the usual link:http://www.thesite.org/realchat/client/chat.jsp

:)

Comments

• Options
    I will trya nd be there. Oh and do you have to be over 16 or not? Just wondering.
  • Options
    I will trya nd be there. Oh and do you have to be over 16 or not? Just wondering.

Hey there, as with all services on TheSite.org we're aimed at 16-25 year olds but due to the nature of chat there's nothing to prevent you from coming if you're under that age :)
  • Options
    *bump* - just a quick reminder for next week's chat - Tuesday 3rd Feb, 7-8pm
  • Options
    oh cool I will try and be there then.