Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

bit of a minging Q - poo related (bit of gross detail)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
argh this is emabressing :nervous:
ok, recently when ive been going to the loo (pooing) its stung a little bit+theres been quite abit of blood when i wipe. it doesnt sting everytime, only when its harder to pass (sorry for the detail)....but im not constiapted and havent changed my diet or any medication.
first thing that comes to mind is hammaroids/piles??
Any ideas, bcos if it is likely to be that id rather try a cream b4 asking a doctor to take a look :(
thanks in advance
L+C

Comments

• Options
    sometimes when it's hard to pass it can cause small cuts/tears. If this is the case, Make sure you are drinking lots of water/fluids and eating plenty of fruit and veg to soften your stools.
  • Options
    Your right it could be anything small like piles to a small tear causing the blood however there is always the chance it could be a symptom of something worse so even if you think the cream would work you really should go to your doctor. embarrassing, but remember you wont be the first with that problem or the last they will be used to it and you would expect any GP to treat their patient with respect.
  • Options
    I know it embarising but any abnormal bleeding should be check out by gp just incase let us know :wave:
  • Options
    i get used to get that, and its normally piles. They can give you two sets of injections to sort them out and they'll disappear!

in the meanwhile, get some wet wipes for when your sore, because toilet paper is never soft enough when your constipated, and get your doc to give you some cream. don't get suppositories, because they are messy, leave you feeling horrible, and unessesary!