Home Student Life & Education
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Teen Issues

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello everybody,

I am currently writing an essay on what the most common problems and issues that teenagers face are.

Below is a list of categories I have come up with, and I am just after a bit of feedback if possible as to whether you think some categories are more important than others, whether some categories aren't important at all, or even whether I've left any out!!!

• Abuse
  • Bereavement
  • Care
  • Disability Support
  • Domestic Violence
  • Drugs, Alcohol & Smoking
  • Environmental Issues
  • Family Life
  • Friends & Peers
  • General Health
  • Housing
  • Mental Health
  • Money & Finance
  • Nutrition & Fitness
  • Pregnancy & Parenting
  • Sex & Relationships
  • Schoolwork & Careers
  • Religion

Any thoughts or comments would be greatly appreciated :yippe:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I don't think that I can think of annything that isn't already there. I think that you have come up with all of them though.
    Some other major issues are eating disorders and body image issues... Don't know if that helped but good luck with your essay:)
    Seems pretty much like you've covered everything. Self-esteem, bullying, peer pressure etc
    I am currently writing an essay on what the most common problems and issues that teenagers face are.

... and you want us to do it for you?
    pier pressure and fitting in(following trends being part of a crowd) you could include..