Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

trying to be friends...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i told this guy on my course that i really liked him, i did it very diplomatically, and he seemed to be fine with it at first. I did say in the letter that i sort of knew he didn't feel the same way (which was a lie because i know he does, but can't handle it), and that it was ok, and i just needed to let my feelings be known.

But a couple of weeks down the line, he's started getting funny about it, accusing me of trying to seduce him all the time and stuff, and i'm really not. I'm trying to continue being good mates, which he said he was fine with.

We've slept together the once, and thus so things became even more complicated after that, not that they were simple before.

he constantly jokes around, and i'm never too sure when he's joking and when he's not. he calls a couple of times a week, and talks to me most days on msn or something. but i got really pissed off with him the other day and deleted him from my friend list. I've added him back on msn but not facebook, because i kinda thought that if he cared as much as he said he did over the phone the other day (which i cruelly said must have been a joke...i kinda want to apologise now), he would add me back. but he hasn't as yet...

i don't really know what to do. he's one of my best mates on my course...

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Without knowing all the details this kind of makes you sound a bit stalkerish really.
    That old saying if you love it let it go is pretty apt here. If he was that bothered he'd be chasing you..ack but then i suppose he does call/msn you so maybe....or maybe he just likes the attention, who knows.
    Just take a step back from the whole thing, you probably wont even be bothered about him in a couple of weeks if you do.
    Why are you both sort of playing games? Sorry, I'm getting old I guess but it's almost like you're making life harder then it needs to be.

You have to remember he's a bloke and we can be complete shit with feelings. What seems so cut and dry with you girls, doesn't even come into our tiny little heads until you've told us. We don't get little hints or cold shoulder treatment.

You believe that if he cared about you, he'd re-add you on FB? He may not think all that shit matters and talking with you in person & MSN is what counts as real friendship.

I guess you could write another letter or talk with him, but be direct and don't fuck about the garden path just get straight to the point. Most friendships can be fixed over beer :p
    i have completely dropped the whole thing, but i can't deal with his fucking around all the time, and it seems that he still wants us to be friends...

I'm gonna talk to him about it, over a pint or two but we'll have to see how it goes...

he seems to like playing games, i can't be fucked anymore...