Home General Chat Creative Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

scrapstores or equivilant places?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i'm trying to find places to go and get scraps of stuff for creative projects. i'd prefer to pay very very very little, and all the scrapstore places i've looked at will only allow charities or groups to join up and have some of their stuff...

does anyone have any ideas if theres somewhere online i can buy bits of scrap materials and things from or if theres anywhere in the london area i can go to?

thanks!

Comments

• Options
    I would of thought you would be better off going down your local dump?
  • Options
    Have you tried freecycle? I'm subscribed to the leicester one and its a load of rubbish, but still it's there if you need it.
  • Options
    my local dump doesn't do things like that. they don't fo fabric recycling or anything like that.

freecycle is ok, but its seriously pot luck. i've had to wait months and months before anything has come up before.
  • Options
    Have you tried a wanted ad in freecycle for old clothes/scraps. Sure if you make your case well enough you might get plenty of interest. Most people have a clothes at the back of wardrobes they can't be bothered getting rid of?
  • Options
    i have numerous times and seem to get little back. thats why i wanted to go to a scrap store, then i now i can come back with something rather than trek accross london to find it really isn't what i wanted in the first place.