Home Student Life & Education
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

how do i go about becoming a qualified aromatherpist?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
yes, i know doing another course on top of my full time degree is pushing myself into to ground a bit, but becoming an aromatherpist is my back-up plan, and i'd like to see if i can find a course i can do over the summer.

but, if i do an ITEC i have to do A&P first, which is expencive and time consuming, if i do a C&G then i don't learn any massage, i could do a level 3 NVQ but its VCTC accredited and i haven't heard of them before.

any ideas about how i do it? i'm worried about the cost, but not how long its going to take, i've got the next 3/4 years!

Comments

• FizFiz Deactivated Posts: 44 Boards Initiate
    Hey, its great that you are considering all your options and even thinking of a backup plan, always feels more assuring to have a plan b. Its just a thought but sometimes courses and evening classes for this kind of thing offer taster sessions so you can go along for free and try it out, might be worth seeing if they do anything like this. Or you could try to get some work experience in an aromatherapy place over the summer. As you mentioned there are lots of costs and different parts involved in studying subjects like this so I think you?ve really got to want to do it. Or else you may find you complete a certain level and then do not get the chance to take it any further. Having said that if you are passionate about it and enjoy it I?m sure you?ll take it further. Just remember do try to stay focused on what you are doing now and try to finish off the plan A first. Cheers, Fiz