Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Prince Harry in racist insults shocker

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    give him a break, that was taped over 2 years ago, he probably changed a lot in 2 years, i know I have
    Surely though if anyone thinks of the word and immediately thinks of a certain race, that is just as bad as someone saying it? Just like in the article posted above about "Sooty", what can be taken out of that word to be offensive to the nickname? Sooty as is Soot, which refers to the black and impure leftovers of a hydrocarbon, with the possible "offensive" words italicised?

The problem is, most people are too quick to judge and jump on the high horse and use the term racist. Along with other cases of say sexism, without looking at the big picture or reading into the facts. I'm sure if most people who thought he was a racist just took the news/papers for face value (As lets face it, most of the time they never tell you the full story like the papers.), then they'd have that opinion forever, and would refer back to the time when he used the specific term. Even if they were told the full story I'm pretty sure they wouldn't budge from their opinion of him.

To me, I understand why people don't want to say the word, as the majority of people KNOW it's used as an offensive term, though language always changes, who knows, in 5 years time it could be a inoffensive word.
    gutter press its all to do with them they want to get a life it would be different if it was them getting watched all the time . i blame them for the death of his mother cant they just leave them alone :banghead:
    it was all done a friendly banter between a bunch of mates i thinkk theses two lads will be the best thing to happen to GB
    I have just done some training on ethnicity and diversity and I learnt a lot from it. What words were going around in my teens are not acceptable nowadays and I believe that we live in a very racist country believe it or not. I suppose I brought up to respect people no matter what colour, creed, nationality, religion, sex or gender but maybe the education is lacking from a home point of view and schools?
    As for Harry saying racist comments whether or not it was 2 years ago is not acceptable. Who teaches Harry to learn RESPECT? I dont think it is the way any of the royals should be. He should be unrespected for making those comments on any level whether it was in the army or not.
    TREAT RESPECT WITH RESPECT IS MY MOTO.
    becks27 wrote: »
    As for Harry saying racist comments whether or not it was 2 years ago is not acceptable. Who teaches Harry to learn RESPECT? I dont think it is the way any of the royals should be. He should be unrespected for making those comments on any level whether it was in the army or not.
    TREAT RESPECT WITH RESPECT IS MY MOTO.

This incident happened a couple of years ago and as one poster stated, people change - especially at that age range. People are a lot different at 22 than they were at, say, 19. Harry, after all, is just a normal human being and what he said had probably a lot to do with him sharing his life at close quarters with his army peers who, undoubtedly, are just as rowdy. Considering one of them asked if he had 'ginger pubes', it sounds like that they have a mutual understanding that being teased is part of the camaraderie. This is just a storm in a teacup and its ridiculous that it has made as much headline news as it has.