Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

does speed mess up your periods?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i've been doing speed everyday since christmas day, i came on on the 21st of december and i've come on again today 9/1/09 is the speed messing them up?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi,

Yes it does - opiates and chemicals in the amphetamine family are the worst offenders (eg: Speed, Meth, Ecstasy).

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=52838&r=4

Here you will find a very good answer on a Blulight thread, fully referenced and from my understanding, correct.

The fact that you have been using every day since Christmas is a concern, for two reasons;

1) If you have lost alot of weight in a short space of time and/or become quite thin, this will also effect the cycle.

2) If not already you are in prime position to develop a dependency on this stuff, with all the associated mental and physical health problems that can come with it.

From what you have said, the menstrual problems sound like a symptom of the real problem, which is your developing a chronic speed habit.

Take care,

MB
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I've known quite a few people who've been speed addicts, I know it might not seem like the use is a problem please have a proper think about your behaviour and how it might have changed.

Daily speed use quite quickly changes your mind, the way you see the world and your actions.

It is hard to stop using but its far from impossible.