Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

help!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
how can you catch syphilis? does it matter if the guy cums or not or if there are no sores are anything?

my ex- b/f ( as of 3 days) decided toring me up this afternoon and tell me he's got syphilis + i don't know if i have it too. i am going to the doctor's tomorrow to get checked out but i just wondered if anyone on here had any info???

:confused:

Comments

• Options
    Check on the main part of the site- you can use the search, they have lots of info about things like that. Hope that helps.
  • Options
    i'm celibate till i get this sorted and as i said, i'm going to the doctor tomorrow.

nice of the twat to tell me before he had sex with me tho.
  • Options
    Maybe he didn't know himself? If he did then that is really sad.
  • Options
    Perhaps it may be cold comfort in the interim till you get the test results back from the lab but for what it's worth, at least if its only syphillis you have little to worry about since it's one of the STD's that modern medicine knows how to cure. Thank goodness for Penicillin!
  • Options
    i always thought that sythilis was a male only condition? dont take my word for it, its not a good idea to sleep with him neway until he's sorted..................just checked, i was wrong.

click this link for the low-down

sythilis
  • Options
    Anyone can catch syphilis if they are sexually active.

Welsh, go and get yourself checked out as soon as you can. Remember it is a treatable condition if you test positive. But also remember that some people ring up their exes and tell them they have an STI out of spite sometimes.
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    i take the piss a lot on these sites to get people thinking this is SERIOUS.

You might end up like the boy who cried wolf. Just a thought.
  • Options
    thankz evry1 for your advice. i am going to the doctor just to be on the safe side but it wouldn't surprise me if he was just saying it to try and upset me.
  • Options
    Morrocan Roll, Please tone down your personal attacks on people's posts. Its one thing to politely disagree or even correct a wrongly held belief, its another to call persons outright ignorant.

I am quite extensively read in many areas of sexuality, given that it is a strong interest of mine to be informed on a spectrum of issues and subjects. If ive missed some new revelations on syphillis I do humbly apologise, however my point remains valid when compared to STD's such as Herpes Symplex II or HIV. I dont think even you could deny that Syphillis has long been treatable and in many many cases curable by modern medicine as opposed to the other two abovementioned infections that are incurable even today.

My point was more one of comparison than anything else.

So frankly, Id invite you to put a lid on the rudeness, thanks.
  • Options
    As a postscript to my comment above, and to rebutt morrocan roll's sensationalistic claims, I refer anyone here to this info page from the Centre for Disease Control (CDC) in the US:

http://www.cdc.gov/nchstp/dstd/Fact_Sheets/Syphilis_Facts.htm

And to quote from that report:

"Is there a cure for syphilis?

Yes! A single dose of penicillin, an antibiotic, will cure a person who has had syphilis for less than a year. Larger doses are needed to cure someone who has had it for longer than a year. For people who are allergic to penicillin, other antibiotics are available to treat syphilis. There are no home remedies or over-the-counter drugs that will cure syphilis. Penicillin treatment will kill the syphilis bacterium and prevent further damage, but it will not repair any damage already done. Persons who receive syphilis treatment must abstain from sexual contact with new partners until the syphilis sores are completely healed. Persons with syphilis must notify their sex partners so that they also can be tested, and, if necessary, receive treatment"
  • Options
    No worries mate, we all get a bit overzealous at times. ;)
  • Options
    UPDATE!

thanx for all your advice and help but it seems that my ex was just being mean and spiteful and trying to scare the life out of me.

:mad: :confused: :rolleyes:
  • Options
    i ain't got it. he was just saying he had it to scare me :mad:
  • Options
    You must be relieved, and I'm glad for you that it was a false alarm. That doesn't excuse what this guy did. It's a sad fact that there are some sick people out there... Now go and have a damn good Friday night! Oh, and here's a *hug* cos I think you deserve it!!
  • Options
    heh, thanx night rocker :) i'd say i had a bloody good friday night :) i'm home like 2 hours early tho cos one of my friends was ill :(
    ah wellz. i met up with my ex 2day + he gave me a huge bunch (!) of roses and we've agreed to be friends even after what he did to me. he still want more but i've told him no.

bye peoples :D