Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

ky jelly and condoms!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hello!
ok this might sound really silly but i dont know so i want you to help me please. can you use KY jelly whilst using a condom my mate aked me today and i never knew. so now im really curious so will some one be able to tell me! thank you luv charnz :cool:

Comments

• Options
    Yep, you most certainly can.
  • Options
    yeah u can hun, its specially designed for use with condoms
  • Options
    Yeah, you can use a water based lubricant (such as ky jelly) with condoms.

Oil based lubricants corrode condoms (vasaline, moisturiser) so make sure to always use water based lube if using condom. :)
  • Options
    ..but don't forget its NOT a contraceptive jelly.:)
  • Options
    Err... i thought you COULDNT use KY as it petrolium based, hence it errodes....?
    Got a tube at my g/f's and i thought it said petrolium based... although i could be wrong.

As a guide :
    petrolium based : bad for condoms
    water based : ok for condoms
  • Options
    It is water-based.
  • Options
    water based!!

Little tip for those guys who think its clever to fly without a parachute,

1)its not
    2)so now you realise you got to, how to get round that damned numbing feelig? (which oddly enough means you dont shoot for gold the second the race masters gun fires) well just squirt a little spermicide or ky jelly into the teet of the condom and then put it on, during the main leg of the match, it will melt and flow over your goal scorer and warm up to her body temp and you will get the same (if not slightly enhanced!) feeling as going bare back.

(sorry for all the sport analogies, don't know where they came from. think I was just trying to be polite and came out like an edition of "Grandstand" lol @ Monk)