Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

A chimp gives medals to his three favourite poodles.

Well, pretty much. Cast your mind back a good couple of years - July 2003, infact. Back then, the outgoing President Dubya (my god, it feels good to write those words) awarded his best friend Yo Blair the congressional gold medal. Our war-hungry former Prime Minister didn't seem particularly comfortable with the idea of going to receive his trophy whilst in office. He received it because of his unwavering support for the USA after 9/11 and for joining in the illegal bloodbath in Iraq. So when will the chimp give medals to his poodles?

According to the British Pravda, it'll be next week. They say that "In [Dubya's] last week in office, President Bush will award the medal to Mr Blair, former Australian PM John Howard and Colombian President Alvaro Uribe. All three leaders had been 'staunch allies' of the US, particularly against terrorism, said the White House. The ceremony will take place at the White House on 13 January."

I can't wait for the cartoons that appear in the newspapers the next morning. The Daily Mirror will have a field day, and so will I...
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I don't know much about Uribe, but as far as the other 3 are concerned, it is certainly a case of 'a cunt gives medals to his favourite fellow cunts'. Scumbags, the lot of them.

From a personal point of view, I notice with delight that the Spanish poodle/cunt Aznar is not mentioned. Could it be that after all the arse-kissing that made him a much hated figure in Spain and ultimately cost him his job, the moustached one will not even get a medal to put on his glass cabinet? Oh the humanity! :D