Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

My Poor Car

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just a little rant really. I went to my friend's house last night and whilst I was there someone key'd my car. The full length of both sides and a bit on the bonnet :mad: it's pretty bad too. I just don't understand why someone would do such a thing to property that isn't even theirs, so mindless.

Anyone had this done and if it was bad what was the end result and the cost?

Comments

• Options
    £200 seems quite cheap. Could you notice anything was there after she had it all sorted?
  • Options
    That is just terrible, what losers out there :(
  • Options
    That is so gutting, I'm sorry to hear that. Mean people!
  • Options
    That is just terrible, what losers out there :(

Yeah I know. How do they sleep at night. I'll be stereotypical and say it's because the kids aren't back at school yet and so they have nothing better to do then cause damage to others property.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    squeal wrote: »
    I'll be stereotypical and say it's because the kids aren't back at school yet and so they have nothing better to do then cause damage to others property.

I'd agree with that. It might only be about 5 years ago I left school but I would have never got away with the behaviour some kids seem to have!
  • Options
    Well it's going to cost me between £300-£400 to sort it out as it needs re-spraying. I bet whoever did it has no idea of the cost that such damage causes.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    They probably do but mindless yob chavs dont care.....
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Sorry to hear, but I'll ask this anyway (not just you, anyone)...

Is it really so important to get it resprayed? I mean, the colour on my mobile is flaky and I leave it as it is, my jacket has a white smudge from paint somewhere that's not getting cleaned, and the building's front door's glass is broken somewhere. No one is suggesting to get these things fixed, why are cars so different?
    If that had happened to me and they told me it cost that much to fix, I'd just say "Fuck that, I'll leave it as it is. It's just paint!"
  • Options
    Thats just shit...theres some nasty people out there :rolleyes:
  • Options

Is it really so important to get it resprayed? I mean, the colour on my mobile is flaky and I leave it as it is, my jacket has a white smudge from paint somewhere that's not getting cleaned, and the building's front door's glass is broken somewhere. No one is suggesting to get these things fixed, why are cars so different?
    If that had happened to me and they told me it cost that much to fix, I'd just say "Fuck that, I'll leave it as it is. It's just paint!"

Our car's like that it's got a massive scratch and a massive dent on it from when the person before had it, we just can't be arsed to sort it out. I like to think it adds a bit of character ;)
  • Options

Anything that breaks the clear top coat can lead to rust, not only there but it can also spread... though that is probably more a warning and more likely here than there due to all the salt and all that used on the roads in the long depresing long cold winter.
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    oh hun, thats just rubbish :(

You poor thing, any chance you can claim on insurance?
  • Options
    Theres some real tossers out there.
    Sometimes when I go to my car after work in the car park my wing mirrors been whacked so its hanging off.:banghead:
  • Options
    squeal wrote: »
    Just a little rant really. I went to my friend's house last night and whilst I was there someone key'd my car. The full length of both sides and a bit on the bonnet :mad: it's pretty bad too. I just don't understand why someone would do such a thing to property that isn't even theirs, so mindless.

Anyone had this done and if it was bad what was the end result and the cost?

Because this country, at the moment is full of mindless morons. The sort of moron that has coasted through life doing fuck all, spending their days/nights roaming the streets pissed and causing random acts of damage and violence towards the rest of us.
  • Options
    Bunnie wrote: »
    oh hun, thats just rubbish :(

You poor thing, any chance you can claim on insurance?

My excess is £500 anyway and I would lose my no claims so there isn't any point.

Indrid Cold - the reason why is because it looks a mess. My car is black and so it shows up badly. If I didn't have a half decent car then I wouldn't care but I do and so I don't want to have to drive around with a big scratch down either side.